I know and I am sure that she would probably want to do that. But I just can't allow her because first of all, this doctor is my mission and I cannot definitely put her in danger. Aside from that, she also lives in a far more different world than me, as she dedicates herself to saving lives while I kill to protect one. She may be able to say it with courage right now but when she definitely faced the danger, all of it would most likely melt away.

A sigh came out of my mouth. "No" I told her, making her frown.

"Why can't you just trust me? I am a doctor but I am also a human. I know when I need to take and when I have to keep one" Hanji lowered her head afterwards before she let out a breath. "I don't want to lose another person all because I couldn't fight. I want to at least protect you guys when all things become ugly" She said in almost a whisper. I gritted my teeth and even though my mind tells me not to do it, my hand still went to my gun holster. I opened it and then I took my handgun. I cocked the slide and opened the magazine to check the bullets. Once I had seen it still complete, I pushed it back in the gun, giving it a tap to secure it in its position. Then I released the slide once before I extended it to her. Hanji raised her head, looking at me and the handgun.

"That gun is loaded and I have also pulled the slide already" I said, giving her the gun. Hanji held it carefully as she examined it closely. "Don't be stupid to accidentally pull the trigger alright? That gun is ready to fire anytime" I warned her but she just looked at me with a smile.

"Don't worry I won't. I promise that I will only use it in an emergency" Hanji said, tucking the gun in her pants. I hissed at the sight so from my belt, I removed the gun holster. I then kneeled in front of her to attach it on her which made her gasp a bit in shock. Once it was already secured, I took the gun from her and placed it on the holster.

"That would be safer than tucking it in your pants" I told her as I dusted myself. I then walked towards the top of the slope where Gunther is, with Hanji following me behind. Petra and Oluo are just a few steps away from her, also following me as I walk up.

Once we reached the road, I pushed the strap of my smg at my back as I went to unsheath my blade. Petra and Gunther did the same as we carefully moved towards the city. As we walked in the middle of the tall buildings and the maze of crashed vehicles and fallen debris, each one of us stuck together. We stopped once we had reached a corner and then we laid low. Gunther looked at me and after I nodded in approval, he went out of our spot to secure the surroundings.

One factor why my squad's coordination is undeniable lies behind our mind which has already been in sync. After working with them for a number of years, we have already learned to communicate even through expression or eye contact alone. Gunther earlier asked for permission to examine the place which I granted since it will be better for one person so it would be less trouble to retreat, than to have the whole squad go into danger.

Gunther leaned at the wall of the building before he stuck his head out to look at the corner. With his body still glued to the wall, and his head sticking out, he waved his hand to imply that the road was safe. I looked at the people in my squad who all nodded. As if we mentally counted at 3 in sync, we all together stood up from our spot and ran towards Gunther. We continued the same routine we did earlier whenever we needed to turn a corner.

Hanji's POV

I feel like my body has been drained of its fluids as we walked underneath the sun in a scorching time of the day. Fortunately, we haven't encountered any undeads yet and as of now, we are still moving smoothly. What I am afraid of is Eld who is still panting at Oluo's back and I can see that his grip around his neck has loosened. Petra occasionally stops to make him drink some fluids but as more time goes by, he grows weaker and weaker.