Chpt. 18 | 私につかまって

Beginne am Anfang

She quietly stands up, making sure to avoid any eye contact, even with All Might. She quickly makes her way to the big mahogany doors and is about to go through when she hears a conversation she wishes she didn't. 🖤 "Did you ask her? We need her at U.A. All Might."

"I can't just ask her that Aizawa. She'll get suspicious and think I'm up to something."

🖤 "She's too powerful; I could feel it radiate off of her while she was confronting those guys. It was... suffocating. She could easily kill someone if she wanted to." Tears begin to overflow Mizuki's eyes as her chest tightens. All Might must think she left the room; Mizuki is sure he'd never talk about this while she was around.

'Sigh' "She would never kill anyone Aizawa."

🖤 "How do you know that, All Might? You speak like you've known her for years." Silence and discomfort linger in the air until Aizawa speaks up again. "Are you two together?" Mizuki hesitantly looks towards All Might; her heart breaks at the sight. He's now stood up defensively, his arms crossed and a stern expression covering his features.

"No, Aizawa; I have no feelings for her whatsoever. She's merely a girl I saved and want to help. I want her at UA just as much as you, but I can't force her to go. I need her to trust me, and that takes time." Aizawa somewhat glares at the taller male, trying to make sure what he's saying is true.

🖤 'Sigh' "Fine. But if you don't get her there soon, I'm contacting Nezu." He turns on his heel and leaves the office; Midnight and Mic give apologetic smiles before leaving as well. All Might sighs as he rubs his face. He turns towards Mizuki but she's already gone.

Mizuki is a mess on the inside; she feels a panic attack coming on and she doesn't want to be with him when it happens. She doesn't want to fall deeper into his trap; every time he holds her, she melts. This is just a lesson to her: don't trust anyone, no matter what.

She runs into All Might's bathroom and quickly changes back into her work costume. Her breath hitches as she hears loud footsteps approach the bathroom.

"Mizuki?" Even though she's upset, she still neatly folds All Might's shirt and sits it on the sink. "Sweet girl?" He mumbles as he knocks, making the pit in her stomach feel heavy. She hates to do this but it's for the best. She let him get too close; she let herself get too close to him. Everything about it was and still is dangerous. She knows she needs to back away before she gets herself hurt, or worse.

All Might slowly opens the door and peaks in. His panicked breaths knock Mizuki out of her thoughts. His eyes quickly scan the room before landing on the shirt. He treads slowly before picking it up and unwrapping it. 'I'm sorry.' Mizuki mouths before quietly making her way out of the bathroom. All Might's head snaps up and his eyes somehow meet hers.

"Mizuki." His tone sharp as he approaches her. She doesn't waste anymore time and bolts for the still open balcony. Before she can jump out, All Might's giant hands grip her waist to pull her firm against his chest.

"Let go!" She claws and scratches at his arms and hands. "Let me go, All Might!" He doesn't listen; instead, he walks over to the bed and sits down with her still squirming on his lap. "P-please-! Please let go!" Mizuki begins to sob as her chest tightens and her vision blurs.

She's having a panic attack; she's had many of these before. Even though she's used to the anxiety and fear, it always seems to hit her hard and leave her breathless.

"Let go!!" Her voice raises as her eyes begin to glow a fiery red. Her lungs burn; air isn't entering them fast enough. Why can't he see he's hurting her? All the back and forth emotions and feelings are giving her whiplash. She's had enough of the fake people and fake feelings.