His purple eyes shifted to me shortly after he finished speaking. My heart was pounding like a drum.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

After letting the two men go, my mind was jumbled.

Diego Vester.

One of the Demon Realm’s rulers and the novel’s hidden villain.

I went to him, whom I vowed to never encounter!

And I even pretended to be enchanted.

He couldn’t have known me at that time because I was wearing a holy relic that concealed my powers… but I could tell he recognized me again just now.

“Don’t let anyone in.”

I told Daisy as I walked into my room.

There were two ancient books about the ‘Demon Realm’ that I borrowed from the library.

Although neither of these books was officially non-existent, reading them over the past few days helped me understand a little more about the demon realm.

In the demon realm, there is a Demon King and Demon Princes who serve as his subordinates. Aside from that, a pyramid-shaped hierarchical society of nobles, ordinary demons, and even insignificant demons exist.

They were, of course, small in comparison to human society, but they posed a threat because all of them are capable of using black magic.

In the original story, Diego is the successor of Demon Lord Leto and a powerful wizard duke.

That was his true identity while he was living as ‘Baron Diego Vester’ in the human world.

‘How come he had to be the Deviamon Guild Leader!’

Damn it.

If only I had known he was Diego, I would never have made such an irrational move.

“The Saintess’s bedroom looks very cozy.”

When I desperately opened another thick book, I was interrupted by a voice from behind, shattering my brief respite.

I jumped up in surprise.

“……!”

It appears to be true that your voice will not come out if you’re too surprised.

He smiled lightly at me as I stared at him with big eyes, frozen in place.

“You’re also raising a cute egg that seems to have been purchased from the Pennsylvania Guild.”

Dangerous purple eyes. There was a man in this room who should not have been there.

“Oh, don’t scream. It’ll only hurt your throat.”

As my hair stood on end, I forced myself to calm down by clenching my fists.

It took a long time for the coolness to return.

After thinking about what he said, I realised there was a trick he had used that would prevent our voices from being heard outside.

“You sought to oust the Queen using Deviamon.”

The oracle’s connection must have been severed because of Diego’s influence.

“The punishment for deceiving me with a trick and pretending to be enchanted…”

He approached me, step by step.

“I’m worried about how you should receive it.”

I barely managed to hide my terror as I told him,