Ch 30

It was one afternoon.

“Your Highness, can’t you hear me?”

Kyle frowned at Sein’s voice as he sat at his desk in the office and reviewed the documents.

“I heard that the Queen is pregnant, so you must fulfill your duties as an heir.”

Sein, who had been raised as his childhood companion, was the son of Marquis Nordleton, the chancellor, and he’d been nagging at Kyle’s ears nowadays.

“If she gives birth to a son…”

“I will have a younger brother.”

“Your Highness!”

Kyle stood up after signing the document with a sour expression.

“You refused the courtship of Duke Hemingsen’s young lady, and the courtship of the Saintess, Your Highness… Perhaps, are the rumours…?”

Sein, who made an X mark on his chest with his arms, frowned as if he was upset.

“These people are not without eyes.”

Sein shouted as he chased Kyle out,

“Where are you going, Your Highness!”

Kyle, who left his stuffy office, headed for the training grounds.

A gigantic hall-shaped training ground created solely for the Sword Master. The Queen’s faction argued that it was a waste of money, but he was not interested in useless warfare.

In time, he drew a sword from the center of the hall, causing a cold wind around the sword.

The dark energy overflowed and wrapped around his sword in the form of a red light.

As he swung it once, a number of dummies a distance away fell as if they had been cut by something.

“……”

Kyle, who put the sword into the scabbard, hardened again and frowned.

A recent event flashed through his mind. To him, who had only walked the same path, the shameful letter was quite shocking.

He knew how men and women copulate, but it had such detailed descriptions, ridiculous postures, and things she wanted done to her.

He read the letter and immediately crumpled it with a sense of filth. For a few days, he couldn’t sleep due to a strange mood that he had never felt before.

And at his birthday banquet.

He thought that he should threaten the fake saint who would come to give a congratulatory message.

Should I just slit her throat?

But the moment he saw her again after a few months, Kyle hardened.

That woman was different from the one he had met before.

Her eyes were sharp, her posture was dignified, and the way she spoke sounded plausible.

He thought she was just pretending to be okay, but even he was surprised at her quick-wittedness to call out Ciel’s name when the statue exploded.

Did she hide her cleverness and pretend to be an idiot?

But when he brought up the letter, her response was as stupid as ever.

When her eyes widened… she looked a bit cute.

He instinctively frowned when he thought she was ‘cute’.

‘What the hell am I thinking about Ariel?’