Ch 32

“I got run over by a horse earlier, but… did the lady save me?”

The child asked me with trembling lips.

“…I don’t have any money.”

Those words made me emotional.

“I don’t need any money. How old are you?”

“10 years old.”

The child seemed relieved when I said I didn’t need money.

His physique stabbed me in the chest again.

The child, who looked 8 at the most, was actually 10 years old. No wonder he could speak coherently.

“Did God save me?”

The child blinked and asked me.

“No. I saved you.”

I gave a straightforward answer.

The child looked surprised.

“The gods supported my power, but I saved you.”

I had actually guessed a little about why the gods could not completely intervene in human history.

The weak were slaughtered and the strong survived.

War brought tragedy, but reduced the human population and had a positive impact on other’s lives.

If an old man died and a child was not born, human life could not flourish.

Just as humans don’t interfere with the life or death of animals when filming a documentary, the gods stood on the line of equilibrium.

But I was different.

I could use God’s divine power, the power that could save lives.

“T-thank you, miss.”

“Are you from the Thieves Guild?”

I asked the child based on what I heard earlier.

The child stared at me and nodded.

After a while, I took out my pocket and handed the child 10 francs.

The child’s eyes widened and looked at me. It was surprising because it was worth hundreds of thousands of won in modern currency.

“That way you can buy clothes. Buy some food to eat. From now on, if a crazy man on a horse runs, dodge it quickly.”

“Yes, but this money…”

“I’m not giving it to you for nothing. From now on, I’m hiring you.”

The child looked perplexed at my words.

There was no need to give useless and worthless money out of pity. But it was a different story if it’d become helpful to each other in the long run.

“I need information from the Thieves Guild. You can sell the information I need periodically.”

I read the description about the Thieves Guild in the original book.

The Thieves Guild was where all private information of the continent, as well as the empire, comes and goes.

If I could get information there through this child, it wouldn’t be a losing business for me either.

“I saved you, so you can trust me now, right?”

The child nodded.

I had to leave the temple soon anyway, so the authentic information I get from the Thieves Guild would be of help to me rather than the limited information from the temple.