Chapter 1 [1810 words!]

Yellain was out in the woods hunting. He was swift and nimble so it shouldn't be a problem for him. The forest was filled with various creatures. From small to big, to short and tall.

The only thing that seemed to have any sort of advantage over him though was his ability to sense danger. Which is why he needed to be careful. He'd been doing well so far. He had managed to make himself unseen in the dense thicket but his patience had run dry now.
A rustling sound behind him snapped his head around.

A few metres away stood two huge wolves. They didn't notice his presence as they snuffed about, trying to find something edible. That's what had drawn Yellain's attention in the first place. It wasn't often that one spotted an animal so large as to be able to hide it from the wolf's senses.

He quickly pulled out a bow and arrow. Ready to shoot the prey. His fingers wrapped around the grip and he aimed, waiting for the right moment.
Just as he was about to take aim, he felt his arm being yanked back by force. He looked down to see the largest wolf looking at him with hungry eyes, its tongue hanging out. A growl rumbled from deep within its chest.

'Shit'

Yellain cursed.
He struggled to free himself.
The wolf opened its maw and prepared to snap its teeth into him. Before it could do so, it was knocked to the ground by another figure. Its attacker. An elf dressed in traditional wear. The elf raised his hand to his neck and pulled out a chain.

"Hello Liwa " Yellian spoke.

Liwa turned around and helped Yellian get up.

Yellian smiled gratefully at Liwa.
It had been three months since he and Liwa met on the battlefield. Three whole months of fighting together side by side. Fighting to win against the enemy and keeping watch over those they love.
They were the most perfect couple ever.

Even if their friends and family constantly teased them.
"I'm going to kill you!" Yellain shouted as he charged towards Liwa.
In response, Liwa laughed. He raised his hands in front of him as if to block a blow.
As soon as Yellain made contact with them, he was thrown back.
Liwa laughed even louder. He then proceeded to throw a handful of soil at Yellain. It landed on Yellian who then covered his face with his hands. He was covered in dirt and leaves.
Yellian's mouth opened wide in shock.
"You bitch! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU!"
Yellain launched himself at Liwa once more. He grabbed Liwa by the shoulders and pinned him to the ground.
Liwa let out another laugh and used both hands to push Yellain off.
"That's enough! You're not getting any closer than this. "

Just then something sharp was flying through the air. Yellain saw the arrow embedded into his shoulder. It didn't hit bone though so he wasn't too worried. He pushed his sleeve back and examined his wound. There was no blood yet but there was already an alarming amount of swelling. Yellain cursed. The wound would be difficult to patch up.
Liwa watched as Yellain tried to stand up but lost balance halfway. As he fell, Yellain crashed into Liwa's chest, knocking them both to the ground again. This time, however, Yellain was on top. The position put Yellain's arm between Liwa's neck and his head.

"Dodge the attacks Liwa" Yellain said calmly.
Without hesitation, the attacker shot an arrow again.
"ok then"
With one quick movement, Liwa pulled Yellain down onto top of him. Yellain's face was almost directly above Liwa. His breath blew past Liwa's ear causing the latter to feel goosebumps form across his skin. The closeness caused Yellain to become nervous.

Liwa charged at the attacker. The attacker was just barely dodging when a knife lodged itself straight through the assassin's eye. Liwa's heart pounded as he realized how close he was to Yellain.
Yellain took this opportunity to flip them around and pin Liwa underneath him. Yellain's face was dangerously close to Liwa's.