35 | im lost in the facade

Magsimula sa umpisa

Talking to them had been such a relief, you nearly cried when you exited your connection with them and found yourself alone yet again.

You willed yourself to find the strength to use that foreign ability again, but the exhaustion was subsequently more than you could handle. You concealed the fact that you were using the ability from your family quite well, considering none of them had brought it up.

The sound of steps brought you out of your stupor, your gaze immediately locking onto your targets. You walked forward, the ride attendants directing you into one of the carts with a boy around your age. You stepped into the cart and gently sat down, stuffing your hands into your pockets. Searching for the familiar couple, you spotted them entering the cart just behind yours, glancing back every so often.

You hadn't realized the boy in front of you had been trying to get your attention, speaking in a soft voice.

"Er det din første gang her?" (Is this your first time here?)

"Ja." (Yes.)

Not in the mood for conversation, you responded shortly. The boy clearly didn't get the message, continuing to speak enthusiastically. You merely tuned him out, glancing out the window to look for the cameras in the area. You quickly spotted them, taking a deep breath before discretely pointing your finger in the direction of each of the cameras one by one.

Bang.

In an instant all of the cameras were reduced to ash, and the cart was beginning to reach the peak of the ferris wheel. The ride stopped, allowing the people at the bottom to get off and allow for other people to get back on.

You took in the view of the city, crystal eyes hidden behind lenses drinking up the sight of the amusement park.

If only you weren't here on a job, you might've actually enjoyed this place.

"Lytter du?" (Are you listening?)

You turned back to the boy sitting in front of you, taking note of how his cheeks burned red.

You found it amusing, considering how you were covered head to toe in black clothes and had a mask covering the bottom half as your face. Not to mention the round glasses concealing your eyes.

"Selvfølgelig." (Of course.) You spoke sweetly, putting on a facade. The boy was actually quite cute, but you had a job to do. He seemed to have a sort of fox type quirk, soft ears poking out of his head and equally as looking soft swaying behind him.

"​​Hvad er så dit navn?" (So, what's your name?)

"...Yuki."

You made up a random name on the spot, taking note of the way the attendants were helping get an elderly lady in a wheelchair onto the ferris wheel. This gives you more time.

"Yuki? Er det fremmed?" (Yuki? Is that foreign?)

"Ja, japansk." (Yes, japanese.)

"Hvor smukt! Jeg har altid ønsket at tage til Japan." (How beautiful! I've always wanted to go to Japan.) "Mit navn er Felix." (My name is Felix.)

You pulled down your mask and offered him a kind smile, "Dejligt at møde dig, Felix." (Nice to meet you, Felix.)

The fox boy couldn't hide the way his tail wagged in delight at the sound of you saying his name, his cheeks blooming bright red as he tried to calm himself down.

Glancing down once again you spotted the ride attendants lifting the elderly woman into the cart, having a bit of trouble settling her into the seat.

Felix scooted over in his seat, gently patting the now empty spot next to him. He seemed embarrassed to voice his offer, but you caught onto it quickly. So, you gently plopped down next to him, your shoulder bumping into his.