Chapter 35 | Spark (4)

Start from the beginning

[Black] ".......People will misunderstand. No one will believe nothing happened after I spent all night here.

[Rienne] "I don't mind that. We'll be officially married in a few days regardless, so it hardly matters."

[Black] ". . ."

Looking at Rienne, a frown seemed to form between Black's eyes.

But he wasn't making a displeased face nor did he try and disagree with her.

[Rienne] "......Ah."

Suddenly, he grabbed her and pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly as he overlapped his lips with hers. Rienne couldn't say anything as a kiss more intense than the one before deeply dug into her.

Knock.....knock.

[Mrs. Flambard] "Princess? Are you in there?"

Mrs. Flambard didn't know what was happening so she was left to pace outside, worried about why Rienne wasn't answering the door. All the while, Black's kiss didn't even begin to slow, only intensifying in heat.

[Mrs. Flambard] "Princess?"

Before the hesitant woman could open the door, the passionate kiss stopped.

[Rienne] "Ah.... What's gotten into you.....?"

[Black] "I just thought all of the sudden......"

[Rienne] "All of the sudden?

[Black] "I thought you looked so lovely."

[Rienne] ".....I'm sorry?"

She didn't expect to hear that from him. Rienne was so stunned, her mouth was left slightly agape as Black leaned down and gently kissed her again.

It was a soft kiss, light as a feather that left a sweet sound behind. (1)

[Black] "Shouldn't you answer the door?"

[Rienne] "Oh, you're right....."

But she'd already taken too much time.

[Mrs. Flambard] "My apologies, Princess, but I must see if you're inside. I think I can hear voices, but why aren't you responding.......?"

Thump.

The bedroom door opened.

[Mrs. Flambard] "Princess.......? Princess!"

As she entered the room holding the doorknob, her expression became as cold as stone and her complexion turned grey to match.

[Mrs. Flambard] "Oh heavens.... How.....how come.....?"

[Rienne] "Good.....good morning, Mrs. Flambard."

Unlike before, she didn't feel ashamed, but she still felt very embarrassed. Rienne slipped herself out of Black's grasp, pretending his presence wasn't unusual as she wiped the corner of her mouth with her fingers.

[Rienne] "You needn't be too surprised. Lord Tiwakan slept in my room last night, so please treat my fiancé same as you would treat me."

[Mrs. Flambard] "Y, yes but.....but going so far....so suddenly....."

[Rienne] "Ma'am."

Mrs. Flambard quickly shut her mouth in surprise the moment she noticed Rienne's voice turning a bit stern. Rienne did everything she could to make her face look as serious as possible, but it didn't work very well with her face as red as an apple.