Linh had black hair with dyed silver tips that matched her silver eyes. There was always a faint pink blush on her cheeks. She was serene, but feisty. She too looked an awful lot like her brother, but her personality was nowhere near Tam's.

Biana raised her eyebrows. "What did the poor bag ever do to you?"

Sophie kicked the bag. "It existed."

"Congratulations on getting the Lumenaria Gem," Linh said.

"I don't want to talk about it," Sophie answered not as kindly as she should have. She immediately regretted it when she saw Biana's eyebrows shoot sky-high.

"Anything you want to tell us?," the youngest Vacker sibling asked.

"No. But do any of you want to spar with me?"

"I'll fight you," Linh volunteered. They crossed over to the weapons wall. Sophie's weapon of choice was a dagger while Linh's was a nunchaku. They walked to the arena, facing each other.

"Fight!," Biana shouted, acting as a referee of sorts.

Flashback

Sophie walked through the hallways of the Black Swan's headquarters. The Black Swan called this place Alluveterre. Not many of the agents realized it, but most of Alluveterre was underground.

Her feet made no sound as she walked, the Lumenaria Gem safe in her fist. Her cloak swished, twisting from side to side. Her hood cast shadows across her face, making it impossible to see above her lips.

When she threw open the doors of the meeting room, Agent Granite, Agent Squall, Agent Forkle, Agent Blur, and Agent Wraith were already inside. Good. The Collective was already here.

"I have it," she rasped. The five agents perked up.

"The Lumenaria Gem?," Agent Forkle asked.

"Right here." Sophie opened her fist, revealing the precious gem. So small....yet so valuable.

Agent Blur snatched it, and started inspecting it. "It's the real deal. Well done, little Moonlark."

"I expect a full report," Agent Forkle told Sophie.

"Well, when I went into the museum, there was no sound. Except for the guard, of course. But he made about as much sound as a dinosaur. I made my way into the Lumenaria exhibit." Agent Forkle gave a nod.

Right then, right there, Sophie decided not to tell them about Keefe. He was her secret. It was the least she could do for Keefe, after he gave up the Lumenaria Gem without a fight.

"And I took it." The five agents were not satisfied with what she had told them.

"That's it?," asked Blur. "Can you be more detailed? Was there anyone else in the museum apart from the guard?"

"No," Sophie lied. "No one."

Agent Forkle shook his head. "It couldn't have been that easy. You must have left something out, Agent Moonlark."

"I didn't see anyone else!," Sophie exclaimed. She threw up her hands. "I took the gem, and I left. No one caught me. I did what you wanted me to do, now can I go?" She honestly didn't mean for the outburst. But when she was lying, she tended to get defensive and lash out at others.

Agent Forkle studied her, interest sparking in his eyes. Sophie gulped. Out of all five of the Collective, he was the one who knew her the most. He was most likely to figure out that she wasn't telling the whole truth.

"Yes," he finally said. "You may go, now." Sophie let out the breath she was holding and exited the room, relieved that they had not called her out on the big lie she had just told.

Flashback End

Linh was skilled with her weapon, but Sophie was the heir of the Black Swan for a reason. After two minutes of dancing around, she managed to knock the nunchaku out of Linh's hands. She held her dagger to Linh's neck.

"You're dead," she whispered. Linh laughed a soft, melodic laugh.

"I never did win against you, did I?," she asked good-naturedly. Sophie gave her friend a smile.

Keefe

His mother had called him to her office. That was never good. Keefe did not exactly approve of the Neverseen's motives, but it wasn't like he had a choice. His mother was the leader, after all.

He knocked on the cold, metal door. "Come in," came the reply. He opened the door, and tentatively stepped inside. Agent Gisela sat in her desk chair, her back to him. Her desk was rid of all papers. Uh oh. When her desk was clean, that meant she had been planning. And Keefe usually didn't like her plans. Mostly because Agent Gisela played dirty.

Agent Gisela swiveled her chair around to face her son. "Keefe," she chirped, her voice sweet as honey. "I have a new mission for you."