intro

She pulled back and breathed heavily through her mouth. He gently dug his fingers into her hips and tried to catch some air. She pressed her forehead against his forehead. He swallowed hard and looked at her closed eyes. She didn't know what she was doing. He didn't know what he was doing.

Charles sat on the sofa. Liliana sat on his lap. The TV got into its power-saving mode, making him wonder how long they had been making out. Liliana's eyes opened and pulled away from him. They looked at each other, both questioning the situation. Or processing the moment. Liliana lowered her hands, sliding them down his torso, grabbing the hem of his t-shirt. Charles let go of her hips and helped her take off his shirt. He moved closer to her, kissing her again. He was trying to open her top, but he failed.

"How does this work?" He pulled back and looked at her.

Liliana looked down at his hands, and she smirked. It was a wrap top. She untied the bow and unwrapped the top. Charles shoved the fabric over her shoulders, letting it fall to the ground. Liliana cupped his cheeks in her hands and placed her mouth on his mouth. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. His hands trailed up to her bra. The corners of his mouth curled up when he felt the goosebumps on her skin. He caused that. It took him only a second to take off the bra from her body.

"Bedroom?" Charles murmured against her lips.

"Bedroom," Liliana whispered and broke off the kiss. She got up and looked at him.

He grabbed her hand, waved their fingers together and stood up. His eyes locked with hers. Charles closed the space between him and her by stepping closer. He let go of her hand and slammed his lips against hers. They tasted and felt exactly how he imagined them to be; soft, warm and addictive...

When they were in his bedroom, they lay down on the bed. Charles laid on top of her. She could feel him. It was her and him, and it had been so long since she'd let anyone touch her. Liliana could feel the fire and passion of his kiss. She found him as hungry for her as she was for him. His tongue plunged between her lips, tasted her, and found her tongue twined around his.

Her body seemed to melt against his.

Charles felt her against him. Her mouth against his mouth. Her hands were on the back of his neck. Her full breasts were against his chest. Her stomach against his stomach. The need to touch, be touched, to take and give, nearly overwhelmed him. He slid his hand over one curved hip, over the smooth skin. He unbuttoned her trousers and pushed them down. He slid his fingers between her thighs.

Liliana jumped, twitched. Her hips lifted to his touch. "Charles," she cried out against his mouth.

"Yes, baby?"

She bit his bottom lip and squeezed his hair in the back of his neck. Charles slid his hand over to the other hip. He hooked his fingers around the lace of her underwear. She lifted up her hips again, letting him take it off. There was nothing between them now but his own clothing. Within a minute, Charles was naked as well. They stopped kissing for a moment. Charles reached out to his nightstand to get a condom. Liliana left a trade of wet kisses from his mouth to his ear, from his ear to his neck, from his neck to his collarbone.

"Jesus Christ, Liliana," Charles growled and closed his eyes, enjoying her lips on his skin. Heavy breaths left his mouth. He swallowed hard and opened his eyes again; he had to wrap that condom around his penis as quickly as possible. So he did. Charles grabbed Liliana's knee and hooked her leg around his waist. He held her hand and waved their fingers together. He pushed himself inside of her.

"Oh, lord," Liliana moaned.

"Jesus," Charles groaned at the same time. Their eyes were locked. He started to move in and out of her. She squeezed his hand and kept looking at him. "You are so fucking beautiful," he murmured.

Liliana moved her hips against his hips when he would thrust. Her eyes closed, and a loud moan escaped her mouth. That felt better than expected.

"Fuck, Liliana." He placed his mouth against hers.

She kissed him. Her hand moved to the back of his neck again, curling his fingers in his hair. "Oh fuck, oh my god," she breathed against his mouth. "Jesus, Charles. Harder."

"Fuck, yes."

"There, just like that, oh, yes, fuck, fucking Christ."

A shock went through Liliana's body, and her eyes opened. She looked around her; it was still dark in the room. Today was the day. But fuck, what have I done? She sat up in bed, trying to find something in Charles' room that could tell her the time. Her eyes were scanning the room. Nothing.

"Fuck," she whispered and bit her lip.

Liliana looked at Charles. He was still asleep, obviously. He was lying on his back, but he faced her. His hand was resting on his stomach. Liliana closed her eyes and lowered her shoulders. She swallowed hard. The time didn't matter to her. It still had to be night; it was dark, and the curtains were open. It didn't matter to her if she had an hour left, four hours left or no time left; she had to leave. Liliana opened her eyes again and stepped out of bed. She collected her underwear and trousers from the ground before tiptoeing to the living room to pick up her bra and top. She put on her clothes and collected her stuff. When she grabbed her phone, the time told her it was five o'clock in the morning. Liliana put on her shoes and left the apartment.

Regret. It was like a big ball of frustration. It wouldn't stop rolling. One thing. One action. One situation. Regret was powerful. 'I could have', 'I should have' and 'If I could go back in time' were useless; they are worth nothing. Regret was nothing else than a harsh and cruel bitch that was reality.

Liliana got home. She closed the door behind her and broke into tears. I ruined everything. The risk she took by doing this... The risk of losing a two-year friendship. It felt amazing at that moment. But it should not have happened. She would leave for six weeks in three hours.

This was her goodbye.

This was the goodbye.