𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚔𝚒

Thor was helping Love pick out her outfit for the day. He held up a black tulle skirt to which she shook her head.

"But this is your favorite skirt," he frowned.

Love shook her head again, "it was my favorite skirt last week."

Thor blinked slowly and wondered if he was that confusing as a child.

"Why can't I just stay in my PJ's?" Love asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Because we're having company later," Thor explained.

Thor was raised in a castle, so he would be dressed by maids every morning. It was rare that he would just walk around in night clothes and the few times he did, his father chased him around the palace shouting.

He didn't have as strict rules for Love, but he did at least want her to put some decent clothes on when they had visitors.

"Who is it?" Love asked curiously.

Thor smiled cheekily, "My brother, Loki. I haven't seen him in a while so I want you to be on your best behavior."

Love nodded.

Thor hoped that was her silent way of promising she wouldn't pull any shenanigans. Love was quite the mischievous child.

"This one?" Thor held up a green dress.

Love tilted her head in thought before deciding that it was the right one, "Yeah!"

"Alright," Thor tossed the dress on her head, making her giggle, and started walking out of her room, "You get dressed then and I'll see you in the kitchen."

Love came stumbling into the kitchen a few minutes later wearing her dress and a bright pink feather boa around her neck.

Thor was looking in the pantry with his hands on his knees.

"Love! Did you eat the last of the pop tarts?" he shouted thinking she was still in her room.

"No," she lied.

He turned around, "Oh, you're here."

Immediately, he noticed the boa she was wearing.

"Uh...interesting choice of accessory," he remarked.

She raised her eyebrows and spoke confidently, "I like it."

Thor grinned, "Then that's all that matters." He kissed the top of her head.

In that moment, the door bell rang. Thor sighed, "He's here."

Thor started walking towards the front door, Love trailing behind him, but he turned around half way there and pointed at her.

"No shenanigans?"

"No shangangans," she answered, not really pronouncing the word properly.

He swung the door open to see Loki, dressed in a full black suit with his hair combed back, and pulled him in for a hug.

Loki, who's lungs were being crushed, wheezed, "Brother, I can't breathe."

Thor loosened his grip on the slender man and Loki pushed away quickly. He never was one for physical affection.

It wasn't until then that Loki noticed the little girl clinging to Thor's leg and shielding herself from the stranger.

"Hello there little one," he said before crouching down to her level.

Love didn't say anything, she just eyed the man suspiciously.

Loki smiled gently, "You must be the Love I hear so much about."

Though Thor hadn't seen Loki in months, he'd been sending his brother letter's by raven. Valkyrie had suggested he get a phone like all of the other Asgardians, but he hadn't been able to figure the device out.

As Loki analyzed Love, he recognized a bit of himself in the young girl. She was shy, timid, and had a glint of mischief in her eye. Despite not being related to him in any way, she reminded him of when he was just a boy.

"You don't have to be afraid of me. I won't hurt you," he put his hands out, palms facing up.

Love slowly crept out from behind Thor's leg, getting more comfortable.

Loki spoke softly to the child, "May I come in?"

Love looked up at Thor for confirmation before nodding.

Loki walked into the house and followed the pair into the living room. The floor was scattered with toys that Thor hadn't even bothered to clean up. Loki was not surprised.

The blonde man sat on the couch and Love sat by his side.

Loki sat on the other end, not wanting to overwhelm Love.

"That's a very pretty boa," Loki complimented, trying to strike up conversation.

"I picked it myself," Love whispered timidly.

Loki raised his eyebrows in shock, "You have an amazing sense of style."

Love failed to supress a smile.

"Much better than Thor at your age," Loki teased. "He once showed up to a royal gathering wearing a bedsheet as a robe."

"I was five!" Thor said defensively.

Love giggled, making Loki grin.

"Thor was very rebellious as a child," Loki stated matter of factly.

Thor glares at Loki, "Says the one who played pranks on all of the palace guards."

Loki chuckled unapologetically.

Love's eyes lit up, "I love pranks!"

Loki's usually cold demeanor was a soft, gentle one and he beamed with joy.

"Ah yes, I have a feeling we'll get along just fine."