20. Happy Birthday Ram!

Note: I've updated five chapters together, just in case:)

--------------------

"What is it Shivi?" Ram asked when she blindfolded him.

Though it was his birthday, he wasn't expecting any surprise, mainly for two reasons. Why would anyone bother to plan something for him? And the most important, she was casually dressed. 'Shivina Kapoor Mehra' what she likes to get call herself now, would never be in a party dressed casually.

He staggered while she held his hands and guided him into the hall of Kapoor Mansion. "Bata na Shivi!! You know I hate suspense."

"Ta-da!!" she exclaimed and removed the blindfold.

He squinted his eyes and then looked around.

The hall was decorated with white flowers & lights. There were few round tables with chairs around it. Some staff was still working on the arrangements.

He was perplexed, lost in the decorations of what seemed to be his birthday party.

Shivina grabbed him by shoulder and said in excited tone, "Surprise!" Then she embraced him in a hug, "Happy Birthday Bhai."

He hugged her back.

"Shivi..." he broke down into tears.

"Bhai!" She wiped his cheeks. "Don't cry, else it would make me cry too. Do you want that?"

He sniffled and shook his head.

She gave him an affectionate smile, "Smile birthday boy. Smile."

"Tha.. an.. thank you," a tear roll down again.

"Shhh," she kept finger on her lip. "Bhai, we'll keep your crying session on some other day. Tab emotional thank you speech bhi de dena, aaj nahi. It's your birthday." She smiled showing her teeth. "Okay?"

He chuckled and nodded.

She wrapped her arm around his and walked him to his room, "I know you don't like to celebrate your birthday, but don't worry. It's not a crowded party. Just family and close family friends. And I wanted to surprise you directly in the party. But then I realized, aapko baal banane mein hi adha ghanta lagta hain, das minute mein aap kaha se ready hoge."

She sighed, glancing at him.

"Like sister like brother," he teased her.

"Really?" She shot him a look, "Ladkiyoon ko time lagta hain. Kitni cheeze hoti hain, hair, makeup, jewelry and more. Boys ki tarah nahi."

"I was kidding. Gussa na tere naak par jota hain humesha," he tapped on her nose tip.

They laughed and entered into his room.

She swayed her hand, "Here you go sir," she gestured towards the suits on his bed. "Saare maine select kiya hain, from your favorite store and favorite designer."

He was over the moon. His dearest Shivi enthusiastically planned his birthday. What more he could ask for?

"It's your day. Take your time and get ready," she smiled. "I'll get ready too."

****

After marrying Shashi, Vedika had prioritized him and their marriage over anything. She loved him even more than she loved Ram. But she even knew Ram loved her more than Shashi or anyone.