17. Mere Rang Mein Rangne Wali

Start from the beginning

****

His phone screen lit up. He noticed it immediately as he was not really into the movie.

He picked up mobile from the couch to check the notification. He was surprised to read Priya's name on notification bar as they had barely talked this evening.

He looked around and spotted her sitting. He tapped on the message.

Her: You disappointed me more Mr. Kapoor.

He felt paralyzed. Ho.. how could she know? Did she know I wa.. was.. But i didn't cry. And it's mostly dark here. No way she could read my mind.

He watched her, confused and mostly in fear.

She motioned towards the TV.

Watching MPK, perhaps now for the hundredth time, he knew the exact scene going on. Instantly, he connected the dots and caught the context. He breath a sigh of relief.

       Few weeks ago, he visited Bakery to meet her. Then, she thanked him for helping them with the scaling of Bakery.
       In response to her, he mimicked Salman Khan aka Prem from MPK and said, "Dosti ka ek usool hain Madam... No sorry, no thank you!"
        Obviously, Priya had no understanding of his MPK language.
        She looked deadpan whilst Ram facepalmed.
        He expressed his disappointment for not knowing THE GREATEST MOVIE to her. "You disappointed me Priya... you disappointed me."

Isse yaad hain. A faint smile made its way to his misty eyes.

Her: Your THE GREATEST MOVIE is terrible.

Achha!? He glanced at her, raising his left eyebrow.

Him: English mein ek kahawat hain - Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Him: Five mins into a movie and you're criticizing it already😬

Him: At least WATCH.

Her: Dekhte hain.

She challenged and rolled her eyes.

Though the light in the room was dim and mostly dark, there was light on their faces due to their phone's screen and they could exactly read each other's expression.

After watching few scenes, she messaged him again.

Her: Stealing cigarettes? Seriously.

Her: Apparently his father smokes and expects him to be a nonsmoker. Great Role model!!

Him: Pura dekho.

Her: Woah. He is lying and she is helping him.

Him: JUST WAIT AND WATCH.

He glared at her and moved his head, telling her to watch the film.

In later scene, Prem ground cigarette in the ashtray. Smugly, he replied to her.

Him: Dekha.

Her: Oh! So hero didn't know smoking is injurious.

Her: Box par bhi nahi likha hoga na.

Her: She's saviour. Too good👏👏

Him: It's a movie Priya😑

After sometime, she complained again when Prem taunted Suman regarding table tennis.