Chapter 8 | Rainy day, tearful heart

Start from the beginning

"I'll be back to you soon."  thought Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan turned and walked out of the kitchen, then walked down the hall and out the front door

Lan Zhan turned and walked out of the kitchen, then walked down the hall and out the front door. He pulled up his hood and set off.

----------------

While Lan Zhan had just left his father's territory and was on his way to gather information, preferably unobtrusively, during which time another alpha did the same. He was standing at the door of an old beta couple's house in a small town nearby.

The elderly beta couple (whom Wei Ying had also met in the woods earlier) stood a little nervously in front of the alpha man. The alpha's appearance and demeanor were equally menacing and dangerous, his dark red clothes were decorated with black and silver ornaments. He held a sword at his waist, his eye glaring fiercely at the beta he was speaking to.

While the men were talking, the old woman went into the kitchen and pretended to put away the plates. But she often glanced out of the corner of her eye towards the front door.

"I heard recently that you were in the woods and you met someone there, ... an omega, right?" asked the alpha.

The beta man nodded nervously at first.

"Yes, sir."

"Tell me more about that person. Tell me everything." said the alpha calmly, but his voice was still threatening.

"He seemed to be lost. He was young, very friendly, but shy. He looked a little depressed, .. maybe he was sick."

"What did you mean by that?" the alpha stepped closer to the beta.

"Maybe he was injured? Did you see any signs of that on him?" asked the alpha impatiently. The elderly beta could only speak after a short pause. But before he could do so, the alpha spoke again.

"Is he hurt?" asked the alpha again.

Then the woman stepped up beside her mate.

"No, he didn't mean it that way, sir." - replied the elderly beta woman quickly, in place of her mate. - "Nevertheless, we offered him to come with us, because we would welcome him into our home and help him."

"But unfortunately, he has repeatedly refused our offer and has moved on." replied but this time again the beta male.

"And exactly how many days ago did that happen?" the alpha continued to question the betas.

"Just 2 or 3 days ago. He was walking towards a small waterfall."

The alpha turned away from them, then cursed in anger. As soon as he managed to control himself a little, he looked back at the two betas.

"Is there anything else you can tell me?" the alpha asked quietly, but audibly irritated.

"No sir."

The alpha then stormed off without any response.