Chapter Fourteen: Geto Suguru

"So, how're things goin' with your family?"

"So bad it makes me wanna die."
_________________________________________

"Smile a little more, dear daughter."

"That's right, dear. You don't want your father getting mad at you again, don't you?"

Sakimi stared blankly, glancing at her father from the corner of her eyes. Seeing him glare at her, she stiffened up at plastered a small and tight smile. Yet her eyes still displayed no emotions.

Satoru looked at her worriedly, frowning at her forced compliance. He flinched as he felt his father's hand on his head, ruffling his short hair.

"Look at Satoru over here, an obedient one, isn't he?" Their father exclaimed, a proud glim on his eyes.

Satoru grimaced when he caught his sister looking at him with an emotionless gaze. He's certain that it wasn't because of jealousy. No. His sister wasn't like that. Instead, she looked sick of it all. Not at him. Just.. all of it.

"Father, let's take the picture," Satoru smiled, directing at the small space with the black cloth where they were supposed to stand. He grabbed his sister's hand and pulled her with him, placing her beside him. He gave her an apologetic look for the obvious favouritism.

Wordlessly, Sakimi turned her head to the camera and gave a practiced smile once again as she waited for her parents to place themselves behind her.

Just the presence of her parents made her want to get the bile out of her throat already, yet she braved through. She'll only have to go through this once a year, she thought. This should be over in minutes. She'll get to play with her brother again after this.

'think about the good things'

She ignored every pointed look her parents sent her and held Satoru's hand instead.

The photographer paid no mind to their cold behaviour towards each other and prepared his camera. It wasn't his job to help compose the family in front of him.

'think about the good things'

"3.. 2.. 1.. anddd.. smile."

'it'll be better someday'

Click!

'why does it hurt so much?'
_________________________________________

"If only I could read your mind, brat."

He didn't need to. He understood that much.

He chuckles with her.

"Five more minutes, Kitty. We're getting there. Imma get some z's first."

Toji doesn't respond.

And she's already snoring. Obnoxious brat.

He sighs. Toji knows the struggle of having your own Clan despise your very existence. Honestly, he's a bit shocked since the girl had cursed energy, unlike him. There shouldn't be any reason for her Clan to try and get rid of her. She's powerful enough to be acknowledged by other Clans. As a matter of fact, two powerful Gojo's, much less, twins, should be better for their reputation. They should be able to make more connections with the twins' help.

Toji throws the thoughts out of his head.

He's thinking about this way too much. Perhaps its because he was once, and probably still is, in a similar situation that made him think more about it.