Chapter 92 ~ Weird... But I guess... This is fine?

Start from the beginning

Yes... everything's fine. I don't know how I dodge the first even that easily, but... it's fine.

We soon arrived at our table, which was... special, to say the least.

It was at the center of the courtyard and it has been decorated with tons of flowers on the table and around it. And it's also away from other tables.

It's like a VVIP table...

Wait, Alexus! Are you abusing your power as the student council president?!

But before I could complain, he already led me to my seat and sat down right beside me.

"Do you like it, Risa? I prepared this table especially for you."

I mean... I'm not gonna lie, i-it's amazing. But you definitely abuse your position, don't' you?

"You... Did you abuse your position as the student council president for this?!"

I look at him accusingly.

"Ahahaha, don't worry. I did a favor for the headmistress by organizing this reception in addition to the ceremony. So I used that favor to let her give me the most special table in the reception."

"Hm? Isn't the student council supposed to organize the ceremony and the reception?"

"No. Normally, the student council is only responsible for the ceremony. But I volunteered to organize this reception as well. After all, you'll be participating in it, and I want to make sure you enjoy it."

"I-I see... T-Thank you."

"Anything for you."

I-I never know... Is this why he's super busy? Wait, but in the game he's also super busy? Is he also organizing the reception in the game? But for what?

Hm... I can't think of anything. He hasn't met the heroine, so it couldn't be for her. So he has no reason...

Could it be... He's just using it as an excuse to not visit Alterisa...?

Humu... It might be...

"You're in deep thought again. What are you thinking, Risa?"

"Eh? Ah, no. It's nothing. Ah, you can take your suit back! Thank you for lending it to me."

"You can keep it, Risa. At least until we're indoors again."

I looked at him confusedly.

"What? You know the cold doesn't bother me, right?"

I'm super good with ice magic, so heat doesn't bother me anymore. I'm used to the cold and if it's too hot, I can just use my magic as a portable fan! I can even have Fubuki make me cold air!

"I know. But you didn't seem well. Please, just keep it until we're inside, okay?"

"...Okay. Thank you."

"Mm."

I finally relented. I don't need it to protect myself from the cold, but it does make me feel... safe.

"Kyuu..."

I looked down at my cute little fox on my lap and pet her softly.

"Thank you for worrying about me, Fubuki. But I'm fine."

"Kyuu."

She nodded and balled back onto my lap, her bushy tail rubbing against my thigh softly, as if trying to calm me down. What a sweetie.

I looked up towards Alexus.

He was talking to a middle-aged waiter in typical butler's outfit with a white napkin resting over his arm, presumably making the order for our meal. But despite being right next to me, I couldn't hear what he was saying.

Now that I've calmed down from my panic, only confusion remains. Why... Why didn't he pick up the handkerchief? Why didn't they meet?

It might be because he's escorting me now while he didn't in the game, but he could've easily went to pick it up for her.

But instead... he stayed. He stayed with me. He held me closely and ever so tightly...

He cared about me more than a stranger he never met before, even if it was the "heroine".

I guess... This is a good thing...

My lips curled into a smile as relief filled my chest.

Yes... This is a good thing. At least, I know that Alexus would still care about me more than the heroine thanks to the years of friendship we've built together...

I don't have to worry too much about it... At least not now...

"Hm? What's wrong, Ri... sa..."

Alexus looked back at me after he finished ordering, and froze for some reason.

Fufu~ His shocked face is cute too. I guess that's only to be expected for the main capture target with a cheat face.

"Nothing... Uhn, it's nothing. I'm okay now. Did you finish ordering?"

"Eh? A-Ah, yes. I ordered a small meal for us and plenty of desserts for you, as promised."

"Uhn, I look forward to it~"

The food came soon as we were talking and we began eating. It was a simple grilled salmon dish with lemon butter sauce and a salad. And right after we finished them, a bunch of waiters and waitresses wheeled in various kinds of desserts, from small cookies with fruit jams, madeleines, and macarons, to beautiful slices of chocolate, fruit, vanilla, and various other kinds of cakes.

It was amazing! This is what I'm talking about!!! My second stomach is ready and fully engaged!!!

"Wow~ You ordered so much. Thank you very much, Alexus."

Alexus giggled and said "This is still the first batch. There's still several more coming."

"Really? Is it fine for us to get this many?"

"It's fine. The pastry chefs who made them were eager to show off their creations. They want to know the opinion of the famous Lady Alterisa who took the world of desserts to a whole new level."

"Ufufufu~ You must be exaggerating! But I'm really grateful for their sentiment."

I turned towards a maid with short brown hair that curled inward at the end, and told her "Please convey my gratitude to the pastry chefs who had gone out of their way to prepare such delicacies for me. I am truly grateful."

"Y-Y-Yes, m-my lady!"

Hm? She's so flustered. Ah, she must be new~ Ufufufu~ Good luck, maid-san~! You can do it~!

I began eating the beautiful, sparkling, delicious desserts presented before me. Elegantly, of course. Since we're in public.

I took only a small bite at a time, even if they're things I could've put into my mouth whole like the cookies, madeleines, and macarons.

But I have to maintain my image! My image as the elegant and graceful lady!!! If I don't, I won't be able to attract cute girls to my side!!!

"Oh my~ Good morning to you, Risa-sama~! And of course, his highness the crown prince..."

"Good morning to you, your highness, A-Alterisa-sama."

Oh?! Did I just spoke cute girls into existence?!

AN: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~! Please vote and comment your thoughts~!