The Haunted Hound (Halloween 2022)

Update 1/22/23: Edited the story for the new names and added some more because I despised how rushed the ending was.

---------------------------

West City was a strange one at that as it was known for many things. Mostly it's strange citizens for being supernatural since there were very few humans.

The city always seemed to be dim but the afternoon was beautiful with the stars already twinkling down onto it. Many citizens were walking by, some with tails, wings, or a different attribute that made their appearance strange that's been seen as normal.

Lights coming from every store and building illuminated the streets along with the street lights.

Three figures sat on top of the building together, watching the city. One of them took a big bite of the bird she had, the blood dripping down onto her hands and skirt. The other one of them looked away and towards a house. After speaking unknown words to them, they all ended up leaving the city.

In an alleyway, a glowing white figure was standing there. When someone ended up walking by the alleyway, it would jump out and scare them. It noticed that sometimes, they'd drop money or their wallet which made it easy for them to get money.

Not too far from most of the city, a boy was sitting down at the table busy eating his food in his house. While eating, he was a little focused on tying his shoelaces.

Down the hallway, he heard almost light footsteps but his ears managed to catch them and he looked back behind him. His tail twitched slightly, seeing as it was nobody really special but his brother, Goten. An annoying brother at that as he's always said to others.

He ended up hissing towards his brother, getting a hiss back in return which caused his tail to stand on the end.

Goten ended up laughing at him, his ears perking up with amusement. "I can't believe you actually got scared."

"I wasn't scared, just startled." He argued back, his tail slightly lowering in annoyance. "What do you need?"

"Nothing at all. I just woke up and was about to eat, that's all."

"Sure you were. I was just about to leave anyway." He was finishing up the last of his food, getting his fork with his tail and picking up the plate. "Do what you want."

He stretched out, giving off a low purr as he reached towards the fridge. "Are you off somewhere?"

"Yeah, I was thinking about heading out into the city. I'll maybe buy something for myself."

"You should be back before nightfall then. Everything in the city gets really strange by then."

"Understood." He put his plate and fork in the sink, heading toasted the door but stopping. "I might try checking out that one mansion."

"That one mansion?"

"The haunted one that riles up the city."

"Don't go there. If you've heard the rumors, then you know it's dangerous. You'll die in there."

Hearing those words made his ears and tail lower slightly. "I feel like they're just rumors. They're nothing real."

"Just don't go there at all. Don't make me follow you just so I can make sure."

"I won't go. I'll just go to the store and I'll come straight back before nightfall."

"Oh, and get me something to eat! Maybe some candy..."

"Alright, I promise I will." He ran to the door and opened it but before closing it, he heard Goten's last words.

"Be careful out there, Raimu."