Chapter 3 || Open Your Eyes

"-O̶̰̗͙͚̜̎̉̾P̶̡̛̤̪̒̾̅̈́̕E̷̬͂͐́̎̔̇̀̚Ń̵̢̨̗̘̦͈̦̯̀̏̃ ̶̹͎͓͕̳̪͔͋̇̓̀̉Y̶̮̝̰͈̝̺̩͆O̵̡̢̜̣̤͇̗͎͛̇͑̀̒͋͊̃͜͝ͅŲ̴͚̰̲̥͇͇̳͑͑̀̑̒̒̋́̚͝R̶͔͇͂̎̏͗ ̴̜̈́̈̆̍͌̚͠E̷̘̅̊̃̏̔̒̏̽͒̍͜Y̷̻̲̗͎̏͝Ȩ̶̛͈̘̖̀͊͑̃̑͌͑̇̚Ş̵̯̠̲̯̠̠̒̇ͅ"

Drip

Drop

Drip

-Drop

The sound of rustling leaves wakes you up. Your eyes roll open as you take a sudden breath in. Your throat stings, burning. Your head pounds- throbbing relentlessly. You heave, as water trickles down your forehead.

You weakly reach for your head, softly gasping as your body aches.

You cough up blood, spitting some on your free hand. You shift in a layer of brown and golden leaves.

You try to recall what happened, nothing- it only made your headache worse.

Slowly, you sit up and look around, it was dim–poorly lit, but you could just make it out.

You were surrounded by rusty stone-bricked walls, much was covered with cobwebs and moss.

Ancient ruins? Maybe a mineshaft?

You couldn't tell.

Drip

You took a sharp breath in, your chest tightened. The cave smelled tangy yet fresh. You could taste the air on your tongue, it was crisp- crisp clean but sour. You gag a little, plugging your nose. This was a smell like no other.

Drop

You felt something on your head. You dab two fingers in your damp-hair. Scratching slightly before bringing it to your unplugged nose.

Whatever it was didn't have a strong scent. Salty, It was all you could think of.

From the lit torch in front, your eyes followed up to dim-slivered light that hung over the wall and you. What you saw had you in shock, a breath left your mouth.

You sway to your side. Brushing off the leaves.

There you stood, insignificantly small to the giant-distant hole above. Your lips parted as your jaw hung slightly. The walls around you were metres tall. How did you get down here?

"Did I fall down here?". Something from your memories was coming back to you. You remember flashing your phone light at a distant figure that seemed to appear closer, each time you'd blink. Last thing you remember was suffocating in black cloggy liquid, restraining all your movement, as a hand approached your face.