Chapter 7: Call it what you want to

Start from the beginning

"I-I'm sorry for disturbing you! I'll take my leave!" With that Nana slammed the door behind and quickly left to be by Amir's side.

"N-no it's not what it looks like!" Both Kalim and Jamil screamed. Jamil got off the bed and sat, he face-palmed, his expression mixed with embarrassment and bashfulness. Kalim once again buried his head into a pillow screaming.

Jamil inhaled and exhaled, what utterly embarrassing situation they'd been put in. He was regretting tickling Kalim now. Both faces were covered with red and neither had the courage to speak.

"𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘢𝘸𝘬𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘴? 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦!" Jamil cursed in his head.

Jamil then remembered Kalim was sick, "Oh right! Kalim, are you feeling better?"

Kalim then turned to Jamil's gaze."Um...a little... I still feel hot though..."

"Ok seriously, take the damn medicine. I'll get you water, I'll be back." Jamil then leaves the room.

"Ok...." Kalim grunts.

The room had never felt any more empty than now.
_______________

Jamil slid down and squatted in the middle of the hallway, wishing he had just not said or done anything he just did.

"UGH! 'WE CAN TRY'?? SERIOUSLY JAMIL YOU STUPID!" Jamil cursed himself, wishing he could reverse time.

Kalim IS attractive and Jamil knows that, in fact, he was a popular figure in school and many did have a crush on him. Too bad though he all friendzoned them because he's too oblivious. Jamil grunts, should he really feel that bad for them? He's literally at the same position as them currently. Kalim was always pleasant to look at, especially when he was singing and dancing happily.

He was like a ray of sunshine shining down and spreading light throughout the place. He sometimes wonders how Kalim would look like waking up beside him. He imagines the sun shining through the curtains, light coating the slumbering sultan's face. Oh how he wants to know what life with him would be like.

But Jamil shakes off the thought. He was a Sultan and he was once a servant and now a commoner, their worlds were intertwined yet separate. Jamil could only cherish the fantasies.

After a sigh, Jamil stood and starts to walk down the stairs. Soon he reached the kitchen, where Nana was preparing lunch.

Great, he just had to run into her.

The atmosphere as soon as he entered tensed up, it was really just an awkward silence between them. He silently got a glass, and he poured water into the cup.

"Uhm... Jamil..." she called.

Jamil releases a breath, "Yes...?"

"Um...could you... I mean I don't want to impose, but maybe lock the door next time." Jamil knew EXACTLY what she was implying and it embarrassed him nonetheless.

"Look- there's nothing between me and him, what you saw was just us having a bit of fun and playing around." Jamil made sure he cleared up any misunderstandings, by the look on Nana's face it looks like she wasn't surprised in the slightest.

"Oh! I'm not saying it's a bad thing... it wouldn't be the first time Master Kalim had sexual intercourse with someone else other than his wife- I'm just surprised it was you.."