Chapter Eight

Natsu's POV

After I packed my stuff up I sat down on the couch thinking about Luce, well, ice princess told me to just tell her but, I don't know I can't really just do that what if she says she doesn't like me back. I sighed, then I started getting super nervous, that's when Lucy walked in. "H-Hey Natsu." Lucy smiled at me which made my heart skip a beat. I then decided that I wouldn't tell her my feelings until at least tomorrow, she looks kinda nervous herself. "Hi Luce!" I waved at her and grabbed my stuff and headed out the door. It was a silent walk to the mountains for the most part. "Hey Natsu?"
"Ya Luce?" I looked at her as if she had just fell from heaven which I thought maybe would help her say what she wanted to say.
But like the last three times she just shook her head and said "nevermind."
That was the last time she did it and for the rest of the walk I just kept staring at her because for some odd reason she looked even more beautiful than she normally does, then she caught me staring and I awkwardly blushed then smiled and she turned around, when we got near the monsters nest the sun was about to set so we decided to attack early in the morning. We found a small cave nearby and set up our sleeping bags, then a made a small fire and we both sat in front of it but we were about 3 feet apart, which was done on purpose by Lucy. I looked at her and then remembered this morning and blushed an unbelievable amount.
"Hey Natsu, are you okay? You look really hot" she moved close to me and felt my forehead and as she tried to stand up she tripped and landed on me, our faces only inches apart. I looked into her brown eyes and immediately regretted it, I blushed so much that I felt as though my face was going to set on fire. That's when I realized she was blushing just as much as I was and then I noticed that we were in a cave, alone, Lucy lying on top of me, faces only inches apart, looking into each other's eyes, and we were both extremely blushing. Then I felt her move a little, just a little closer towards my face but it was enough, our noses were almost touching and my heart rate sped up a lot. As she moved a little closer our noses were side by side, that's when I realized that we were going to kiss so I also tilted my head up a little, making our lips brush against each other and we kissed. It felt so, right, I felt as though she was mine, all mine, her warm breath against my face made my heart beat even faster, her kiss was so sweet, so serene, I wished it would never end. Sadly, it did and when it did finally end, she lifted her face away from mine, I could still feel the warmth of her breath as she lifted herself off of me. She sat beside me as I sat up in front of the fire place, right beside me. "Natsu I-" I cut her off, "Luce, I-um wanted to tell you something," I paused "every since you joined the guild, I uh, always believed in you," I continued "and recently I've realized that my feelings for you weren't just friendly feelings.. because well, you see, I-uh I-I-" she then cut me off.
"I-um I-think I'm inlove w-with you er N-Natsu." It was like she read my mind, she was blushing a lot and I was too but then I realized we were looking into each other's eyes again. I leaned slightly towards her, as she wrapped her arms around my neck, and then I could feel her breath again, her warm silky breath and then we kissed again, but this time we kissed longer and I felt her sweet lips pressed against mine. As I kissed her back I thought about all the good times I've had with her, and then I started feeling my cheeks warm up but it wasn't the embarrassing, I'm blushing warmth it was a nice soothing warmth that filled my whole body, It felt as though we were one of the same, almost as if the fire of my soul was igniting a key, no the key, Lucy's key. I could tell that Lucy felt the same though. I love her so much.

Lucy POV

Natsu and I felt very much the same about how the kiss felt, and I felt as though I was placing my key into the fire of his soul. As I pulled away from Natsu I immediately regretted it, because I loved being close to him so instead I hugged him, I could feel his breath against my neck, like I had this morning, as we lay down to sleep I whisper to myself "I love you Natsu" but  I could tell that he herd me because he blushed, and then looked at me and smiled. As I thought about what events led up to right now I drifted into a somewhat restless sleep.

Gray's POV

Juvia and I were in the mountains looking for a place to set up camp when we spotted a small cave but as we walked into the opening of it we saw the cutest thing ever, even I thought it was cute, there were small embers left in the once lit fire, an empty sleeping bag and then there they were, Natsu with his head pressed against Lucy's neck and his arms wrapped around her, as Lucy's head was snuggled against, Natsu's chest. "aww look flame boy finally has the girl of his dreams." I whispered to Juvia then kissed her.
"Juvia thinks Lucy looks adorable all snuggled up to him," she whispered back to me and smiled. Juvia and I couldn't find any other caves so we just set camp in the nearby forest at the foot off a mountain. As Juvia drifted asleep I rested my head against hers and smiled then I too drifted asleep.