1.3

Draco Lucius Malfoy, the first and only child of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. He was born with a silver spoon in one's mouth; everything he wants will be given to him. His mother doted on him to the fullest as he is their only child. However, his father had great expectations of him as the heir of their family. They hired famous tutors to teach him various magic when he showed his accidental magic at the age four. He was advanced among his peers who showed their accidental magic at the age of six.

Draco looked up to his father with respect and admiration. He wants to be like his father, cunning, powerful, full of elegance, and ambitious. His father was able to hold the power in politics and become the shadow Prime Minister. People respect and fear him, wherever he is everyone is flocking to him to spew flattering flowery words to gain his favor even if it's a tiny bit. Thus, Draco strives to be like his father and wants to earn his praise. He studied everything that was taught by his tutors, practiced etiquette, and expanded his knowledge of magic. He gained praises from his mother, friends, and tutors but never from his father.

Lucius only stared at his son's results and nonchalantly said, "Is this all?"

"Draco has perfected everything, his teachers told me he's the brightest student they ever taught. Our child could be a prodigy." Narcissa happily said as she praised her son. Draco looks at his father with anticipation, waiting for his praise, and a proud smile.

"He could have done better like his cousin." Lucius said coldly, giving his son a lukewarm gaze.

He continued, "Don't be proud of this kind of result. It's disappointing. You're a Malfoy. Malfoy strives to be beyond comparison."

"Lucius..."

Because of his father's words, Draco makes every effort to fulfill his father's expectation. He aims to be a perfect Malfoy heir. He gathered children from influential families to be his acquaintances. He earned favorable impressions of heads of the Olde family. Draco did everything to cater his father's expectation with utmost effort.

Until on the night of the gala, it was a celebration of the newly ascended heir of one of the Olde Family, Draco met his cousin. He has pale blonde hair with a well-proportioned face, silvery eyes and pink thin lips. He is the perfect epitome of otherworldly beauty. Standing beside him make Draco feel inferiority of his looks.

Draco was so proud that he is the most sought to be betrothed to someone's daughter. He has everything, power and wealth but right now he looks like a shrimp standing beside the godly looking child. Oh he knows he's exaggerating of complimenting his cousin's look.

His inferiority rose up after he found out that he came from a branch family and those who sought him to be their daughter's betrothed are also from the branch family. His cousin is the next head of Malfoy family, the main and direct descendant.

Everyone caters everything he says, saying flattering words and begging for his attention. Unlike his peers, his cousin's acquaintances are children of very influential and powerful family around the world that not even Lord Voldemort can pull them to be part of their party. People in Britain feared Voldemort that they can't even say his name yet his cousin and his peers are mocking the dark lord.

Draco is sitting beside his cousin staring at the plate of pastries as if they're more interesting while listening to the young scions.

"I heard the dark lord was reduced into dust by a toddler. How could people fear him?"

"He is a self-proclaimed dark lord, a delusional one. He can't even match the wickedness of a muggle named Hitler. The muggle did better than him."

"His allies are not to be looked down upon despite being muggles. They almost created world domination and integrated the fear of mankind. Voldemort and his goons are doing nothing but a child play. Father called him a foolish clown."