CHAPTER 1

DHANNA‘S POV

“Good Evening Ma‘am, your parents are waiting for you at the dinning area” the helper announced the moment that i arrived at our mansion.

“Why did they ask me to come home at this time of the night?” I asked.

“I believe there is something that you need to discuss regarding with your engagement” she responded.

I let out a deep sigh before leaving the helper behind. I brushed my hand through my long hair and started to think of a good explanation.

My mother wanted me to marry a man where we will surely benefit in their family. She doesn't care whether i feel any emotional connection towards the man, as long as they can help us make our business even more successful than it is right now.

I was given a year to search and present to them an influential man, but the issue is, I am not interested with the engagement nor the business.

I stopped walking when i reached the huge door that covers the dining area. I knocked three times before it began to open. The first thing that you will see is a round table. Sitting in the middle was my dad, beside him was my mother who is sharply looking at me.

I also saw some unfamiliar faces who was joining them for dinner. They slowly gazed towards my direction, there is four of them, an old man, a married couple and a guy who i think is as old as me.

“Sit down” my dad ordered. His deep huge voice echoed in the room making me feel his heavy authority. I silently obeyed what I was ordered to do and sat beside my mother.

The silence was deafening, you can only hear the movement of the utensils while everybody is eating. I looked towards the direction of the young man to see that he was already looking at me.

His eyes was empty, it was an empty stare. I coldly stared back at him before looking into a different direction.

“So... Dhanna, were you able to find what I was asking for?” my mom questioned. I know and I am definitely sure that she was pertaining to a fiancé.

“No” I briefly replied.

“Okay, I found one for you. Anyways I forgot to introduce them to you, where's my manners?” she jokingly said. “This is the family Trujillo, this is Mr. Howard, Mrs. Lara and his husband Craig” I smiled at them. “Lastly, this is their only heir, Giovanni Trujillo” she added.

With that, our eyes once again met. This time I was observing him, trying to memorize what he looked like. He has a pointy nose, bright brown eyes, pale white skin, thin pink lips, long eyelashes and a messy dark black hair.

'Nothing special' that's what I thought. It was just an average look for me. He looks good, but he's not my type.

“Nice meeting you” I said with a smile on my face.

“It is also nice to finally meet the only heiress of the Sandejas family, the one who owns the third greatest and biggest company in the business industry” the old man said, emphasizing the word 'third'.

I looked at my father's direction, he has this arrogant smirk on his face. “I believe we are here to arrange an engagement, I was not informed that you asked us to invite you here so that you'll be able to insult us” my father reponded.

Mr. Howard grinned before replying “Why are you rushing the engagement? Do you really need our influence that much so that you can move a little bit closer to us? I mean third place is not that bad”

“Said by the one who proposed the engagement. Well-known as the best among all the companies yet you are here, needing for our financial assistance and resources. What will you do with being ranked as first place if your company is barely surviving” my mother chuckled after hearing what my dad has said.

“You need us more than we need you, if I were you i'd be careful with my insults” he added.

I can feel the tension rising, this is the main reason why i hate businesses and companies. They destroy one another no matter the method is just to stay on top.

“Get straight to the point” Giovanni interrupted. 'mannerless'

“I believe there's not much to discuss. Aside from the both of you being engaged starting right now, both of you should also be seen in public together to make it more realistic. Don't give any statements about your engagement and let the media conclude that Trujillo and Sandejas has a new built partnership because of your engagement” Mr. Howard stated.

“You'll also live in the same roof, in Giovanni's place I suppose” my mother declared which suprised me.

“I am not living with a stranger.” I seriously said.

“You are”

“But mom! I said I don—” I wasn't able to finish my statement because she cut me off

“You will be living with Giovanni whether you like it or not, end of discussion”

I irritatedly stood up and went out of the dining area. 'DAMN IT' I hate it when they control me like a fucking toy. They don't even let me decide for myself, all they care about was the business.

I went straight to the garden and layed down on the grass, letting out consecutive sighs. “Bitch..” after uttering that, I slowly closed my eyes and let the cold breeze hug me.

It was peaceful outside, far from the chaos that is inside our home. I don't know how long I stayed in that position before deciding to open my eyes. I was startled to see that Giovanni's face was close to me, so close.

I immediately pushed him and stood up. “What the fuck are you doing?!”

“I was checking if you're dead”

“Do I look like I'm dead?”

“Well... yeah?” his answer pissed me off

“What do you want anyway?” I asked while I was fixing my hair.

“Here” he said while showing me a ring. I looked at him dumbfounded, he seems to notice it and grabs my hand. He inserted my finger onto the ring making me wear it. “Don't take it off” he coldly said before walking back inside the mansion.

I looked at my finger and stared at the diamond ring. 'Fuck this, this might be my trial card to hell'

——————————

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is my first time publishing an English writing because someone asked me to. I am a Filipino and I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to english language so do expect some errors. I will try my best in making a good story so I hope you enjoy and support me.