Chapter 26.

Slight warning for attempted rape.

Robin’s Pov.

Soon Gwen and I parted ways and I grabbed her and Finney’s things. We made it too late to school so I didn’t have enough time to drop their stuff off at my place, but I could leave the bags in the office and then pick them up after school.

As I walked I was wondering what Finney was so excited about in math. He never usually doe's something that spontaneous so it was a bit worrying. At least he didn’t sound nervous or anything like that. I guess I would question him later.

Eventually I made it to my first class which was with Finney and so happened to be the math class he sprinted to earlier. I could see him sitting at his desk with a smile on his face as he was messing with his rocket pen.

“Finney.” I see him glance up at me.

“Hey Robin. Guess what?” I wasn’t exactly sure as to where this was going.

“What?” He grabbed my hand from under the desk as other kids started coming in.

“I know you’re not the best at math so I asked the teacher if I could be your tutor to help you in school and after school, and he said yes!” Finney sounded so happy at that and I couldn’t help but match his energy.

“That’s great! Now we have an excuse to be so close all the time.” He laughed at my remark as he nodded his head.

“Yep, and he said we could be partners for the rest of the year!” He was amazing. Our teacher wasn’t known for being nice so this meant Finney must have begged him. Though I also know that all of the teachers are weak to Finney as he never causes trouble and is always doing his work. I really needed to thank him for this.

“Finney, you're too sweet ya know? Thank you.” His smile never faded as class started and we had to do work. It was awesome. Throughout the whole period Finney kept leaning towards me and helping me out to the point I started understanding where we were at with math.

“Now remember everyone, homework is due Friday and no copying off your friends.” We left class and separated after I gave Finney a quick hug.

My next class was English and I hated it almost as much as math. I could speak it and write it, but when they start asking questions about Shakespeare and random dudes who are dead, it makes me wonder if they're even trying to teach me knowledge of the world today. Like when the hell would I need to know when Shakespeare was born? That is pointless knowledge if you ask me. I just hope Finney was enjoying his class.

Finney’s Pov.

After I parted ways with Robin I started heading towards my next class which is history. I don’t hate history, but saying I like it would also be incorrect.

While I was walking in the halls I saw Matty and his friends. It was clear they saw me as they then began walking rather quickly towards me. Everyone was already in their class so the hall was pretty empty and isolated. It scared me a lot.

I tried to walk faster to class but my shoulder had been gripped and I was slammed against the wall. Matty had pinned both his arms by the side of my head as his goons stood and watched.

“It’s been such a long time since we saw you, Finney. Where’d you go?” Buzz and Matt started laughing as Matty then pushed me into the boys bathroom. What frightened me more was that Matty then pushed me into a stall and shut the door. Buzz and Matt were right outside of it.

“Hey Matty? Let us in.” It didn’t seem like this was what they had planned.

“Dude, what are you doing?” Matt seemed slightly concerned when he spoke and that made me shake in fear.

“Shut up! I’m just gonna have some fun. Now wait outside the bathroom and make sure no one comes in.” It was silent for a bit before footsteps soon made their way further and further towards the exit. “Finney, you’re not bad looking.” I looked up at him as I attempted to stop my shaking.

“Please don’t hurt me.” I really didn’t want any more wounds as my other ones were still recovering.

“Who said I was goin’ to hurt you?” I was confused as he talked. “Listen kid, I heard what happened with the grabber and they said one of you got raped. I’m guessing it wasn’t Robin as he’s not pretty. Not like you Finney.”

“What? Get off me!” I was even more lost and all I wanted to do was get out of this situation.

“Stop Struggling. I just want to see what you really are.” He had pushed me to the ground as I tried kicking him. “Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?” His hands started lifting my shirt up and I felt tears blur my vision.

“Stop.” It was quiet but I knew he could hear me. I was panicking and my breathing was becoming ragged as memories flooded my head. Memories of the grabber and what he did to me in his room.

I then saw Matty unbuckling his pants as his eyes trailed over my exposed stomach and chest. I was about to scream but his hand covered my mouth, preventing me from doing so.

BAM!

I heard the stall door open and saw the love of my life standing there with a furious expression as he closed his fist and swung it down right on Matty’s head.

He fell off of me and I squirmed back. Robin had reached for Matty’s shirt and then yanked it hard, choking him before forcing him on his back. Robin then placed his knees on either side of his body before he thrusted his fist down over and over again on Matt’s face. Soon all I could see of him was blood.

“Robin!” He stopped and looked back at me. I saw his face calm down almost immediately and he made his way towards me.

“Finney, are you ok?” I could see him scan my body in search of wounds.

“I’m ok.” I closed my eyes as I tried to calm my erratic breathing.

“I’m so sorry Finney. I said I would protect you.” I giggled at him.

“Robin, you’re the only one that’s been helping me.” I saw him look worried or scared? I wasn’t sure. “Robin, I don’t see anyone but you.” I gave a small smile in hopes of cheering him up but he seemed really out of it.

“Why do these things keep happening to you?” We were staring directly at each other. “You are the best person I’ve ever met, yet things like this happen to you so often and I hate it. I hate that I can’t control it.”

“You can’t control everything, but you don’t need to. I’ve never felt this happy before.” I could see him start to perk up a bit more and I wished he would stop blaming himself for things he didn’t do. “I’ve never felt like this with anyone but you.”

“I’ve never felt like this with anyone either. No one but you, Finney.” He soon enveloped me in a hug and I was getting really grossed out from being on a bathroom floor, right next to a very unsanitary toilet.

“Robin, can we go home?”