Chapter 17.

Sensitive topics such as rape will be discussed so please be careful! Love you my babies!

Robin’s Pov.

“Are you saying the grabber touched you inappropriately? The detective seemed sad as he asked, and Finney’s nod in return didn’t help ease his pained appearance. “Alright. I believe that’s enough for today.” Wright had gotten up from his seat. “Before I leave I’m going to have to call the nurse in to get your medical report.” He paused for a second. “Thank you Finney. You're both brave kids.” He then left to retrieve the nurse.

“You did a good job Finney.” I tried to sound hopeful for him but it was hard with his recent confession.

“Thanks Robin. Though I was only able to do it because you're here with me ya know.” I giggled at his tone of voice. He always knew how to make me happy. Though that feeling was soon replaced with annoyance as Mr. Blake spoke.

“I think you should go back to your own bed now. People might get the wrong idea with you two so close.” I glared at him for ruining our peaceful mood, but did as he said anyway.

“Daddy, it’s ok. He’s just helping Finney.” Gwen had attempted to calm Mr. Blake down but it didn’t seem to do much as he just huffed in response.

We had all remained in silence for a while as Gwen had laid her head on Finney’s chest. The tension was thick and it was almost suffocating. That soon suffocating feeling had eased when a nurse with a light blue scrub had walked in holding a clipboard with the detective right behind her.

“Ok, this is the nurse that will be reading your medical report. Is it ok that she reads it outloud?” Detective Wright was glancing at Finney waiting for an answer.

“Yes.” Finney’s voice was small and he sounded so unsure of his reply.

“Alright. It’s best for everyone here to get an idea of what happened and medical reports can help with that.” Wright looked to the nurse and nodded his head to signal she could start.

“Here’s the report. As a warning there will be sensitive topics so please feel free to leave for some fresh air if needed.” She had a very caring smile and the aura she gave off was calming and light. “We noted that for Robin first, you have slight bruising throughout the body and a minor sprain in your ankle, as well as a minor head injury that should heal fully in 3 to 4 weeks.”

She paused for a second before flipping the pages to what I guessed was Finney’s report. “Both of you have slight malnourishment which will be treated with a diet plan made by your health care providers and our nutritionist. It should only last until you're all back to your regular diets.” I liked how she was being careful with her wording. It wasn’t too confusing and she took small breaks to ensure we were able to keep up. “For Finney, you have some minor and some severe bruising throughout your body mostly on your back and lower midriff. You also have what appear to be ligature marks on your wrists. Those should heal within 2 to 3 weeks though.”

She had stopped to look up at me and Finney. “The next part is far more sensitive so please do feel free to exit when needed. I can come get you when it’s over.” She looked at us with pity and I could tell she was having trouble keeping a neutral composure. “Finney, you have slight tearing in your anal canal and it will be soar and sensitive for about a month or so, but we can supply you with pain killers to help with the pain. You have severe trauma to your rectum from forced penetration. It should heal within a month as well, though it could be longer.” She closed her notepad as she looked back up. “If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to answer those now.” Mr. Blake was the first to talk.

“Are you saying… he was…” He was hesitating before he finished. “He was… raped?” That was the question everyone froze too. The question no one wanted to mention.

“I’m so sorry Mr. Blake, but yes. It means Finney was raped. We're currently checking for unidentified semen to see if we can compare the DNA to that of the owner of the house we found Finney and Robin in.” The nurse’s eyes were watering slightly.

“If the test results come out as a match we could then conduct an arrest warrant for him and get him put into jail.” The detective had now pitched in. “If we find any body’s we could get him charged for murder and there’s a chance he’d get sentenced to death row.” It was a painful topic but I was glad it was over, for now at least.

“Alright, thank you detective and nurse.” Mr. Blake had nodded his head to them in acknowledgement before exiting the room in frustration. Gwen was silently crying again and was holding one of Finney’s hands tight. I had tears in my eyes and couldn’t stop staring at the floor. It was too much to handle all at once. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to hold in the yell that was begging to be released. I wanted to cry. To scream and shout. To punch the walls with my fists until they were covered in blood.

Reality had just made itself more known and I was disgusted by the truth. The truth that Finney had been raped by a killer who kidnapped kids and was currently on the run, still free and a danger to all. It was painful. Not just painful like I got a papercut, painful like my neck was being squeezed by a big fist and I couldn’t breath though I couldn’t die either. Like I was in excruciating pain that wouldn’t stop. It fucking sucked!

“We’ll let you all be now. If you need anything I’ll be at the office, alright?” The nurse had given us a last heartbreaking glance before she walked out the door with the detective.

“How did you guys do it?” I looked to see Gwen was staring at me.

“What?” I didn’t understand what she was asking.

“How did you guys get through all this?” She was now focused on Finney.

“We still haven’t gotten through whatever this is.” I moved my hands around to gesture to everything. “But, we had eachother. I honestly don’t think we needed anything else. Besides help of course.” I gave a dry laugh at the last part. “I’ve never needed anything or anyone besides Finney.” I didn’t know I was staring at Finney or that I had a content smile plastered on my face until Gwen mentioned it.

“Robin, you know you're staring at him right?” I jerked up a bit as I was caught off guard by her accusation. I saw Finney was sleeping again and was so thankful he hadn’t heard me or I would have died from embarrassment.

“No I wasn’t.” She gave me a look that told me she knew I was lying.

“Robin, I’ve seen how you look at him when you first see each other at the beginning of school. It’s like your life just got turned into a pile of rainbows and unicorns.” I laughed at her example.

“Seriously? Rainbows and unicorns?” (I like DRAGONS i said while cacacaccaing.) My younger sister wrote that and won’t let me change it.)

“Would you rather I had said fist fights and blood?” We both laughed quietly at her remark and it was finally feeling a little more normal again.

“Thank you Gwen. You're the only one so far that has treated us normally. Like nothing bad has happened. It makes being back feel more natural.” She gave a lopsided smile as she went back to watching Finney. I decided then that I would go back to sleep as well. I was beyond tired from our interrogation and needed the rest.

The only thought that ran through my mind was where the grabber could be, and how long was it gonna take before he was caught.