"That his breath stinks!" I say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"No, it doesn't." Win denies.

"Oh, well. I am lying." I shrug.

"You are weird."

Together, we walk toward the entrance of the underground dungeon. It's quite a long way, and Win blabber about this new book he read. But my mind is elsewhere.

I am thinking about Plowden... whom I don't hate anymore.

"You did it for Win? You are right! I don't believe you!" I exclaimed.

"Well, it seems like you should."

"Explanation! I want an explanation!" I demanded.

"Alright. If you have heard the story from Win, there are some parts that are true. I haven't loved him." he admits.

"See! You are the world's biggest ass-"

"But I did like him."

"You make no sense, son of a bi-"

"When the arranged marriage was brought, I was in a shock. And Win ignored me a lot at first, too. I didn't like him at first because he was a bit spoilt, but since I promised my parents that I would try my best to work out our relationship, I courted him. With time, I realised I've grown a small crush on him, and he... he fell in love with me."

"Yes! And you broke his heart! To million little pieces!" I let out my annoyance.

"I didn't know it at first." he continued. "And I felt so bad when I realised I only have a crush on him, that I don't and won't be able to love him. I knew I could be with him as a couple, kissing him as my greeting, but I didn't see him in my future. I don't know how to explain it. But I didn't want to have more than a crush on him. My heart was against it."

He went on, "I was wrapped in guilt, and I told my parents. They told me to let Win know, but I was too scared to break his heart. I wanted to protect him and... stuff. And then he was marked. I felt so scared. What if the person who marked him is a complete villain? What if no one accepts him as the Prince again? What if he gets to live a lonely life... So right after I learned about what happened to Win, I went to meet the commoner... whose name is Bright."

"You met him?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah. And made sure no one else but one guard knew about it. Haha, even asked that commoner not to tell anyone."

"Then?"

"I realised that he's a good person. Though I wasn't sure, and when Win asked if I was willing to stay by his side, I knew if I said yes, I would only lead him into more misery. So I acted... so cruel to him and said nasty things to him. I don't regret it because, now, he's over me already." he admits.

"Are you?" I asked if Plowden was over Win.

"I told you already. I couldn't love him. Which makes me feel guilty because I witnessed his miserable face several times."

"What about the lies you told to his parents?"

"To make sure the kingdoms will remain as friends. I knew already that Win won't tell a soul about what I actually did, except for you, obviously."

"Then how about when you requested his parents to let Win have Bright as his mate?" I asked. Though I heard the whole story, I wanted to know all the reasons for every bit of his actions.

"Hah. You are nosy." he laughed.

"I am concerned about my best friend! Just tell me!"

"Okay, okay. Well... I eavesdropped on Win's conversation with Bright. Bad thing to do, but I wanted to know since I am involved. I felt relieved after their conversation and knew I should clear their path to be together one day. Because that's all, I can do for him."

"I don't trust you," I said after he had told me everything.

"I don't want you to. It's your call."

"Why don't you tell Win the truth?"

"Time will solve everything. And you, too, without putting hay into the fire, let them fall in love."

"I- I am not putting any hay!! I am supporting him with anything! But still, you make no sense! All these are your plans, aren't you guilty!? You said you don't regret it! You are a villain!"

Plowden laughs, "I feel guilty every day. But I am coping with it. So, is your interrogation over?" he asked.

"No! I- I still want to know. What if Bright didn't bite Win? What would you do?"

Plowden was silent for a good minute, "Either way, break Win's heart."

"Joss, are you listening?" Win tugs at my sleeves.

"Oh, y-yea,h I am."

"We've arrived. How are you going to get me downstairs?" he asks.

"Erm... leave it to me. And hide behind the wall over there. Once I get the guards out, quickly slip inside and meet him, okay?" I ask.

"Uh-huh."

🥺get ready for BaiWin meet in next chappie and kissies coming!

-Sunshine👑