Chapter 68: Winds of Change

Start from the beginning

Kai observed the green ninja's internal turmoil quietly. It hasn't been easy for everyone, and the fire ninja only wishes he could do more.

He lets out a soft sight, patting a reassuring hand on Lloyd's back. His way of reassuring he's on your side.

"I know how it feels" he consoles with a thoughtful smile. "After I lost my dad, I lost my way. But I was lucky to have my sister watch over me."

Then the fire ninja reaches up and begins aggressively fluffing Lloyd's blond hair and messing it up.
"But don't worry big shot, I'll watch over you from now on" he grins as the green ninja squirmed under his touch.

"Hey, no one messes up my hair!" Lloyd chuckles and playfully pushes the fire ninja only to earn one in return.

The boy's bonding moment is interrupted by Jay as he approaches them. "Hey, you two gonna get in the picture?" He asks and gestures them over to the truck holding the behemoth of a fish.

The five ninja squirmed and shoved as they each found their place to stand. Laughing with excitement as they looked at the camera. No one was going to believe what they did today.

The guy holding the instant camera got into position and adjusted his angle to get as much of the fish as he could.

"Back just a little further" Zane instructed as the guys were all ready with their poses.

"Just a little further."

The man holding the camera tripped on the wooden railing and fell backwards into the water below.

"You guys!" He giggled assuring the ninja that he was alright.

With a stroke of luck, the man had taken the picture before falling and he dropped the camera on the dock instead of taking with him down below.

Zane ran over and picked up the camera as his brothers crowded around him to watch the film develop.

"Did it come out good?" Jay asked bouncing up and down on the tips of his feet eagerly.

"It's looking good so far" Zane replies as the vague shapes of their figures form on the picture.

"Hopefully it captured all of these good looks" Cole joked gesturing to himself confidently. Kai could only roll his eyes and playfully flick the earth ninja.

When the picture finally developed it came out perfect with the ninja smiling brightly at the camera.

Except somehow, the only problem was how Jay was making an odd expression in the picture.

"What happened here Jay?" Kai pointed out laughing a bit at how bad it was.

The blue ninja's face was all distorted with two different expressions overlaying each other. The final product being Jay winking but also squinting at the same time.

"You look like you were blinking but with one eye at a time" Cole laughed at him.

"It was terrible timing" Jay retorted but cracked up after looking at his own face in the picture. "Why does this happen to me?" he says in between lighthearted chuckles.

"We gotta frame this when we get back home. It will make for a great decoration in the bounty" Zane noted aloud as he carefully holds onto the picture for safekeeping.

Before Jay could protest and tell the nindroid why that was embarrassing, the mutant fang fish smirked a sharp grin before splashing the ninja with the water from the tank.

~~~

Elsewhere in Ninjago, others were enjoying their early afternoon. Busy with work, hoping it will pay off in the long run due to their combined efforts.