Chapter Fourteen

"I don't like the fact that you lied to me about you seeing a psychiatrist" I yelled.

Clara jumped back leaning her back against the wall.

"You're my bestfriend and you should never lie to me" he replied.

"I know, I was just scared that you would look differently at me if I did" she replied closing her eyes.

"Clara, I love you for you. I wouldn't care if you had a sixth toe" I replied chuckling.

She rested her shoulders and hugged me tightly.

"I have to go" she said grabbing her jacket.

"Where you going?" I asked curiously.

"I'm going to get coffee with my friend Evan" she replied normally.

I looked at the floor and sighed.

"Cool, have fun" I said sitting on the couch.

She kissed my cheek and ran out all happy. I just sat back with a jealous look on my cheek. It's just coffee Shawn, nothing else. I rested my head back taking a little nap.

—-

I paced around the room nervously. It's been a couple days since I've talked to Clara in person. We've talked on the phone and texted but I haven't seen her at all. I was super worried. I called her like three times today and she didn't reply once to me. I went to check on her at her house but she was never home. I just hoped nothing has happened to her. I didn't know what was going on inside that cute little head of hers. But she's been acting really weird since she told me about her "special" doctor appointments. My friends burst through the door as I was playing M83 pandora.

"Guys what are you doing here?" I asked.

They held up a little piece of paper rolled up.

"Wanna hit?" my friend Joe asked lighting it.

I shook my head laying back. The song Silvia by Miike Snow began to play. They blew the blunt into the air. I sighed popping my head back and forth.

"Are you sure you don't want a hit man, it'll take your mind off of some things" my other stoner buddy Richie spoke.

I sighed swiping the rolled up blunt from him. I sucked in letting a big puff of smoke. I rested my shoulders sighing.

—-

Yes I was higher then a kite. I regretted it though. Something about it drives Clara insane and I don't want to trigger anything. She came stumbling in tripping on the messed up rug.

"Shawn?" she asked looking at my red eyes.

"Hey" I slurred.

"Shawn Peter Raul, are you high?" she asked rudely.

I looked up at the ceiling and nodded. She rolled her eyes as I grabbed her waist.

"Shawn, stop" she struggled getting out of my grip.

I kissed her cheek, then her neck, then lastly her nose. Her favorites spots.

"Shawn, quit it" she yelled pushing me off.

She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed.

"I love you god dammit, why can't you see that!" I yelled super angry this time.

She jumped back as the music was still pounding through my house. I wrapped my arms around her again kissing down her neck. She moaned and I lifted her sweater off her body. I sucked on her stomach leaving hickeys everywhere.

"Shawn if you tell anybody I swear-" I stopped her by pressing my lips on hers.

And so it began, the thing I was waiting for from her for the longest time; love.