Appendicitis (Harry)

Start from the beginning

Not knowing how to respond, I simply nodded and we all left the restaurant for the event. Once we arrived, security took us backstage.

Zayn's POV

As we got backstage we started getting ready and do some quick voice exercises. "Harry, you sure you can go up there on stage?..." I said as I noticed his flushed cheeks. "I'm okay, really I-" he started to say but was cut off by Louis. "Just hold on, let me take your temperature".

"38.0°C (100.4°F)...Harry...I think it would be best if you sat this one out" Louis said looking at the thermometer. "No! I will go up on that stage no matter what, I won't let the fans down!" Harry said stubbornly as he winced a bit and wrapped his arms around his stomach. I gave him a concerned look and said, "Harry, I actually agree with Louis on this one".

Harry rolled his eyes and walked away.

Harry's POV

I understood that the boys were only worried, but a little stomachache can't stop me.

Soon I was really starting to feel nauseous and the pain wasn't subsiding...I started to wonder if this was more than just a stomachache.

We had five minutes left before we had to go up on stage. I chugged half a waterbottle and felt temporarily better but not long.

I knew the boys didn't want me to perform today, they wanted me to stay in bed resting but there was no way I would disappoint the fans.   

We rode the platform that took us from backstage to the stage, it was kind of like an elevator. When the fans saw us they immediately started cheering and screaming, I really enjoyed that feeling. It made me even forget the pain for a brief moment.

The pain became so intense after we sang the first song that it was hard to continue. Louis came closer to me and asked, "Are you feeling worse? Haz I told you to tell me!", I paused for a moment to catch my breath and then responded "I don't know...my stomach is really bothering me". "Awh poor baby, c'm here" Louis said as he pulled me to a hug.

"Hazzy? Are you crying? Don't cry, love" Louis said soothingly as he rubbed my back.

It became harder to breathe and move every second. The music stopped and lights went off.

I saw Liam walking towards us and Zayn and Niall talking to fans, likely to distract them. Apparently Louis had told them the situation.

"How bad is the pain on a scale of 1-10? And where are you feeling it?" asked Liam. "It's about a 7...or 8...I don't kn-..owww...here," I said as I winced to the pain and pointing to the lower right side of my stomach.

But the pain suddenly intensified, going from a 6 to a 10 out of nowhere. I couldn't even stand. "12!" I cried out as I collapsed to my knees, clutching my stomach.

"This isn't good...I'll go get a medic" Liam said. "Baby, hang on, help is on the way" Louis said.

I was sweating and I felt like my body was shaking from the pain. (A/n: I feel so bad to make him go through this pain).

I attempted to lie down on the floor but it was too painful, so I started to get back up. It was too hard and it hurted so I gave up. "Maybe try laying on your side?" Louis suggested, ao I did. It alleviated the pain a little bit, but not much at all.

Zayn and Niall were still trying to get the fans' attention but it wasn't really working - both the fans and they were looking at our direction, even though the lights were off on our side of the stage.

My plan to not worry anyone didn't work out that well.

Louis's POV

I felt si bad for Harry, he looked like he was in a lot of pain. And I couldn't even do anything to make him feel better. Where was Liam with the medics? I started to feel impatient and hoped they would hurry up.