Chapter 8: Riser's True Power

"... This place... hasn't changed at all since the last time I've been here"

Riser said with a smile on his face while stopping in front of the Gremory Mansion. Looking up at the large and old mansion in front of them that was decorated with a fountain with a circular flower bed surrounding it by its entrance.

Esthetics that was completely different from the Phenex Clan whose mansion was mostly covered with scorching flames. All because of their affinity and the nature of their power. Making Riser relax as the breath of fresh air entered his nose.

 Making Riser relax as the breath of fresh air entered his nose

"... It looks like everything is doing fine"

Rias muttered before sighing in relief. Happy that the atmosphere around them relax from the moment they left the station. He suddenly became extremely quiet and didn't bother talking with them along the way. It was as if something was on his mind. Making both of them feel worried that they displeased him without knowing.

Now, he became more approachable than before due to the somewhat friendly atmosphere he was giving out. But even though that was the case, he still didn't actively approach them and just responded with simple nods to their conversation as if he didn't want to get involved with them. Making them feel a bit pained, but remembering their situation, his actions made a lot of sense.

"I hope you enjoy your stay at the Gremory Mansion, Riser"

Rias said with a soft smile on her face, causing Riser to simply glance at her before nodding his head in response. The same responses that he always gave them during their journey here, causing him to feel a bit guilty for being this rude when they invited him to formally apologize for the escapade that happened days ago. But remembering that this must be all part of their master plan to humiliate him. He justified his actions by saying "They're going to be rude to me anyway so don't mind me if I do so as well" to himself. 

'... Is she trying to make me lower my guard down so their plan works perfectly? A good strategy, but you're a fool to think that these tricks would work on me'

He thought before dozens of servants suddenly came out of the Mansion and stood on the sides of the path towards the entrance. Bowing respectfully at Riser, who froze in shock while watching this weird scene in front of him. Making his eyes twitch before glancing at Rias and Akeno who just smiled in his direction as if telling him that this was normal.

'... They're really trying their best to make me fall for their trap!'

He thought this was the only explanation he could think of since he built his reputation to be that of a gigolo and a cocky prick that likes to get respected by the people around him without doing anything. Making him nod his head while holding his chin as if he could read their minds and intentions.

"Let's go inside, Riser"

Rias said to Riser, thinking deeply, causing her to glance at his free hand as her desire to act intimate with him boil inside her. But she restrained herself and only let out a disappointed sigh.