Chapter 1 - Guess Who's Back?

"Are you ready to go home?" My best friend, Kate asked me, raising an eyebrow. I nodded, and let out a deep breath. "I'm nervous, honestly," I stated, and Kate smiled a little. "Don't worry, Sophia, he's just a memory now, maybe he doesn't even live there anymore, right?" She said, trying to reassure me.

"Yeah, true that.." I trailed off. "You always think about the negative, and not the positive." Kate said, and slapped my arm lightly. "Hey, leave me alone, I'm just like that." I said, and grinned sheepishly.

"Well, your flight is in about fourty-five minutes, so I suggest you hunt down a cab, and go to the airport." Kate said, looking down at her watch. "Oh yeah, okay," I said, not really wanting to leave. "I'm going to miss you so much!" Kate exclaimed and I smiled sadly.

"I'm going to miss you too, you better visit one day," I said, and she nodded quickly. "For sure, I'm going to come, obviously," Kate said, "Maybe later this year.." She said, thinking to herself.

"Alright, well, I guess I should go before I miss my flight.." I said, and then gave Kate one last tight hug. "See you soon!" I yelled, and grabbed my suitcases.

She watched me go, as I stood in front of the curb, shoving my hand up in the air for a taxi. This is one of the things I wasn't going to miss about New York.

But the parts that I'm going to miss the most is the way the bright lights shone in the starry night, the way the city buzzed with excitement, no matter what the time was, and the best part was that it was the exact opposite of Miami, which made me forget the memories. Well sure, Miami was a big city, but New York was even bigger.

Before I left Miami, I was obsessed with reading and writing. Let's say I was passionate about it and had written my first book. Now leaving New York, I had it published and it was very big hit.

"Hello miss, we have arrived," The taxi driver told me, parking in front of the airport.

"Oh thank you," I said, giving him random bills. "Keep the change," I said, getting out. He took out my suitcases from the boot and sped off.

Hopefully, Miami will be much better then how it was when I left.

{----}

"Welcome back Soph." I mumbled to myself as I looked at my old house I had grown up in. It still looked the same. But then again, in four years, how much could have things changed?

I looked at the house next to it, and my heart broke. It was HIS house. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and walked inside my house.

"Mom? Dad? I'm home!!!" I yelled, struggling to hold my bags up. Getting frustrated, and I threw them on the ground of the foyer.

"Sophia! Honey! You're back!" My mother, Candace, rushed to me and threw her arms around me in a bone-crushing hug.

"Rob! Look! Our Sophia is back!" My mom yelled into the living room, grinning widely, her whole face beaming.

"Hey sweetie, how was The Big Apple?" My dad asked squeezing me into a hug. Tightly, but not as tight as my mom had put me in.

"It was amazing dad, you had to be there!" I said, thinking about New York and all of it's glory.

"Wish I was, sure was quiet around here without you." Dad said, staring into space and probably thinking about when I was gone.

You see, I was the jokester of the family. The awkward, loud, uncoordinated, clumsy one. There was never a day that I hadn't tripped over the rug, stubbed my toe on the table, or fell down the stairs. It just happened naturally to me, and I hated it.