Aether... stop it, get some help.

Aether's pov:

As if on cue, the human's head is sliced off and i shove the body to the side, crawling away from it immediately.

Albedo rushes towards me, "Are you alright?" He asks, inspecting me once more. It kinda feels like deja vu.

"Just a bit startled..." I respond, why couldn't i summon my sword?...

"Your back is completely bruised... And not in a good way" albedo says softly as his cold hand brushes along the bruises on my back. He then helps me up and we hear fighting noises in the distance.

"C-Can i have my katana back?"

We look to our left to see a shaking Zenitsu holding his katana sheath. What? I look at Albedo and notice how he's holding a katana... Ah, i get it.

"Oh, sure" Albedo takes the cover and sheaths the katana before giving it back to Zenitsu, "Sorry about that, i moved without thinking."

Zenitsu takes his sword back, "It's fi-" but before he could finish, he faints.

"Zenitsu!" I rush over to Zenitsu to see if he's okay.

"He appears to be sleeping..." Albedo lays his hand on my shoulder and i go to pick up Zenitsu, but before i could, Albedo stops me.

"Let me carry him, you're far too injured" He says as He throws Zenitsu over his shoulder.

"I'm fine!" It doesn't even hurt that much!

. . .

That's a lie, it definitely hurts like hell. Especially since it's re-opening my scar... That thing came with far too much trauma. (F in chat)

I look at Albedo and notice how he's staring at me silently.

"Let's hurry up, tanjiro and that boar might need some help" i say, trying to change the topic. Which works because he begins to walk silently towards the area where we last saw them.

Ugh, my backs killing me. Is this how Zhongli feels?

I wonder though... If i can't summon my blade, then can i use my elemental abilities?

I focus the energy in my palm, creating a small wind blade! Hallelujah!

"Albedo can you-" i get interrupted once again as a flying boar hits the tree in between Albedo and i.

"INOSUKE!"

We look to our left to see a bloodied tanjiro with a worried look on his face. He then turns and quickly continues his battle.

"Should we interfere?" Albedo asks. Honestly, if he were asking new-to-teyvat me, i would already be fighting. But here, we don't have our weapons and who knows what will happen if we use our abilities.

"He seems like he's got it..." I say, taking a seat on a rock.

Albedo just stairs at me with a concerned look. Something's off...

"Hey, weren't you carrying Zenitsu?" I ask and Albedo finally realizes that he's gone.

There's some mumbling behind Albedo and he quickly steps back, revealing a sleeping Zenitsu in a ready stance.

"What the fu-" Albedo covers my eyes and i can't see what happened, all i could hear was a loud crash that sounded like lightening. As if it was an instinct, I flinch and immediately cover my ears, screwing my eyes shut in the process.

I feel cold arms wrap around me, giving a form of warmth and comfort.
"Everything will be okay..."

I feel my feet get swept of the ground as Albedo picks me up. I shiver uncontrollably resulting in him kissing me on my forehead.

I then hear shouting and footsteps run towards us.

"Is everyone okay?" A voice similar to mime asks worriedly. That must be Tanjiro. "Lets hurry to the next town!"

I heard some movement, and everything that came after that was blank.

.

.

.

When i woke up i was laying on Albedo's lap and Tanjirou was sitting infront of us, probably having a conversation with Albedo while Zenitsu & Inosuke slept in the background.

Albedo seemed to into the conversation to notice me wake up...
I wonder what they're talking about.

I sit up, Causing my back to sting in pain. I looked down at my waist to see myself in a robe and my chest covered in bandages... I'm assuming Albedo changed me, which means he saw my scar yet again. It wasn't the first time he's seen me wihout my shirt yet he's never questioned it...

As soon as i get up, Albedo immediately hugs me, which is unusual since he isn't very clingy...

"Morning sunshine" Albedo said calmly as he kissed my cheek.

"Good morning Aether, how was your sleep?" Tanjiro says, giving me a warm smile.

"It was fine..." I reply, which is partly true since most of it was pitch black. Minus the flashbacks...

"I understand if you don't want to tell me, but could you tell me why you were trembling with your eyes screwed shut and covering your ears?" I looked at Tanjiro baffled. I forgot that even happened...

"I also wish to know what caused your fear of lightening and why you never told me about it" Albedo whispers in my ear.

Come to think of it... I never did Tell Albedo that i was afraid of lightening... The most plausible explanation is that he saw me have a panic attack during one of the nights i spent at his lab in dragonspine... Which dims down some options because we were busy most of the nights it was actually storming...

I stared at Tanjiro, his smile never wavering which causes me to finally give in. I sigh.

"Fine... It's just a bit of trauma i got during my travels, it's nothing big" i say, looking down at the floor. I could feel both of them staring at me with concern.

"How much is a bit?..." Tanjiro Asks, while Albedo is silent.

I then take a deep breath, "Having to fight a powerful being who ended up defeating you once, then having to help said person after finally defeating them. While also being jumped by a puppet which is practically her son". Those were memories I'd rather not re-live.

"Aether..." I feel Albedo hug me tighter.

"Are you... Okay?" Tanjiro asks me.

"Why wouldn't i be?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Tired traveler kinda hot ngl.