Chapter 23: Fighting the Fear of Fear

Inosuke: You’re a demon? I have so many questions! Like, how does it feel? Do you miss the sun? And why should I not kill you right now?

Y/n: If I wanted to kill you, don’t you think I would've done so already?

Inosuke: Maybe you were just getting us comfortable to let our guards down, but you can’t fool me!

Inosuke jumped on you and started hitting you.

Y/n: Ow! O-Ow! Hey! What are you doing?

Inosuke: My swords broke and you’re just looking so easy to punch!

Y/n: Get off of me!

You threw Inosuke off.

Y/n in thoughts: I better play this off and play it good. It’s the only chance I have. First impressions are everything. You’re a demon. You failed already.

You saw the guy still had his sword out and you gulped.

Y/n: Allow me to explain.

Inosuke jumped on you again.

Inosuke: You have nothing to explain, traitor!

You threw Inosuke off of you again.

Y/n: For just 5 minutes... Inosuke. Okay. Years ago my brother came home after going out for a while and something was wrong when he came back. Turns out, he was turned into a demon and he attacked my family and I. He killed my family, but he somehow turned me into a demon.

You saw that they were both paying attention.

Y/n: Okay. After that, I woke up in a cave. I’m assuming he dragged me there or something because the sun was gonna come up soon. I don’t know why he saved me. In all honesty, I could've just blacked out and dragged myself there. But anyways, I found a house and hid in it. It was owned by a man named… Ishino or something.

No. You couldn’t tell if they were listening or waiting to catch you off guard.

Y/n: After he helped me bury my family, he told me to find a guy named Tadaria. Tadaria got me ready to become a Demon Slayer. I met a rather pretty girl named… Well, I forgot her name, but she helped train me too. After that, I made it to Final Selection. I met a kid named Katsuzuki. I saved his life, he saved mine. We survived together.

You couldn’t read the guy's face. He was as stiff as a stone. Inosuke was still wearing that boar mask.

Y/n: And then I did a few missions as a Demon Slayer. I think I killed about…  6 or 7 demons. Maybe 8. Anyway, I met a cool guy who used to be a Demon Slayer. He gave me his sword and that’s how I got two swords. Unfortunately, the demon, which you flawlessly killed by the way, broke my original sword. So now I’m just left with Shimizu’s sword. But he also did leave me with this neat mask that protects- protected my identity and helped me breathe in wisteria forests.

Inosuke: So that’s why you wore it. I thought you were just ugly and self-conscious about yourself.

Y/n: Hey. I’m not ugly!

You paused for a couple seconds. They were both silent.

Y/n: Immediately after I got my sword I was sent here by my crow, Ikari. I met Inosuke, Murata, Ozaki, and Tanjiro. Ozaki went to find Murata and we all went on. We all got attacked by Evil Spider Guy and he threw Tanjiro away. Then it was just Inosuke and I fighting the demon.

Inosuke: Come to think of it, Tamato hasn’t come back yet. Has he?

Y/n: I hope he’s alright.