I see you

Race wouldn't say he was well-off, he certainly didn't come from well-off roots. Currently however he was able to support himself based off the limited funs he made off of his dancing, and his job at Jacobi's diner. Despite the fact that the diner job paid less, it seemed that was the one that occupied most of his time.

That's where he currently was, idly chatting with Albert. Rush hour had just ended and he was enjoying the quiet of a mostly empty diner. Save for the four tables occupied. Two eating, one scanning the menu, and one Race had yet to check on.

Which reminded him.

"Albert, as much as I love talking about the weird Latin dance teacher, there is a man I left at that table for way too long." Race cut Albert off, grabbing a few menus to hand the man.

Albert shrugged, "I guess I should check on table 12, they stopped eating."

Nodding Race got up and walked over to the man, who was drawing a man on a throne, on an old napkin. The sketch wasn't half bad, but the proportions were off.

"Hello sir! Are you ready to order?" Race asked, using his best boyish charm, which he'd learn gotten him the best tips. A bright personality earned him an extra few bucks, and with a job like this, that was everything.

He'd learned that one from Crutchie.

The man slowly put down his pencil and looked up, gazing at Race for an uncomfortable stretch of time. Race shifted uncomfortably, closing his mouth. If there was something in his teeth and Albert didn't tell him, he was going to kill him.

"You have very nice features," was all the man said. Which was definitely not a menu item, and Race was feeling very uncomfortable again.

"Thank you sir, may I get you something from the menu?" Race asked again.

The man nodded, "yes I would like a black coffee and oatmeal. Leave out the sugar, raisins and fruit please."

Race tried to hide his displeasure from his face, he hated tangy things and that was this man's whole order. Despite his discretion, the man laughed like he'd heard a funny joke.

"Sounds unpleasant?" He asked Race.

Race winced, there goes his tip. "No, of course not sir. My apologizes."

"I do it for health reasons, any sugar fattens the face, a fat face is an ugly picture." He said simply, combing down his already gelled hair.

Race felt very uncomfortable and elected to just nod and leave to get the food.

After sending the order to the kitchen he waited for Albert who was picking up table 12's food. Huh, so they were done. When he returned Race pulled him into the kitchen hastily.

Albert looked alarmed, "what was that for?"

Race scowled, "we have another creep."

Albert rolled his eyes, "you always find the creeps."

"You're just ugly." Race teased, which earned a smack from Albert.

"You wish, now tell me why he's a creep." Albert eagerly asked.

"Okay so I walked up to him, and he just flat out stared at me for like an entire minute, wouldn't say anything, I thought I had something obnoxious in my teeth. Then when he spoke he said I had nice features." Race grabbed his coffee.

Albert whistled, "sounds uncomfortable. Want me to take over?"

Race pondered it for a second, realistically though he'd rather not send Albert to the wolves unless he was extremely uncomfortable, and worse has been said to him here.

"Well, while your ugly mug would scare him away," Albert smacked him. "I've got it."

Albert rolled his eyes, "alright, well, if he keeps being weird, come get me and I'll finish up."

Race sent him a thumbs up and carried out the man's food.

When Race looked over, he was staring at him walking over, smiling like he knew a secret Race didn't.

Race shivered and handed the man his food. He thanked Race for the food, but he didn't start eating. Just stared at Race more.

Race swallowed, "is there anything else I can get you sir?"

"You're very chiseled." He said.

Race took a step back. Frowning unhappily.

"Thank you sir, anything else I can get for you?" Race asked his throat tight. Maybe he would ask Albert to handle this.

The man just laughed, "sorry, im trying to get my son on a fitness plan."

Race eased up a bit, "oh! Yeah, I've just been doing dance for a couple of years. Working out really is more Spots thing. But all that moving is healthy."

The man smiled, "I bet. Could you get me some cream for my coffee?"

Race nodded, "of course!"

He walked into the kitchen and grabbed their famous coffee creamer.

The man, smiled as he approached. Race reached down to place it and the man grabbed his arm.

Race gasped and spilled the creamer, pulled his arm back.

"You have smooth skin." The man noticed, "my sons skin is very rough. Is there a skin care routine you use?"

Race placed down a few napkins to clean up the cream, his arm shaking a bit. "Nope! I just keep a good diet. Enjoy your meal sir."

He hastily walked away.

Albert looked over and noticed his panicked expression.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked.

Race shook his head, "can you take the table?"

Albert nodded, "yeah of course, what happened?"

"He's just being weird, I'm uncomfortable." Race responded.

Albert and him looked back where the man was staring at them, Race specifically. Albert slowly nodded a bit confused and concerned.

"Yeah, I'll get him. Just hand out table sevens food and go to the kitchen. He's creepy." Albert agreed. 

Race grabbed the sandwiches and ice tea the table ordered, walking over to the nice family.

They tipped heavenly which Race pocketed to hand to Albert, he did all the work. He looked over and saw the man staring directly at him again, despite Albert talking to him.

Race hastily walked over into the kitchen and hid in the back.

Albert came back shortly after, "pretty sure I saw like 20 medicine bottles in his bag. The dudes just drugged out."

Race breathed out in relief. "I thought... well maybe he knew my dad or my ex."

Albert laughed, "nah just some old geezer tapped out on his meds."

"That's good to know, hey our shifts pretty much over. Let's get the pizza down the road."

Albert laughed, "you get that like every day."

"Shut up, it's delicious. Let's go."