Chapter 22: The Giant Enemy Spider

Start from the beginning

Y/n: Thank you.

Inosuke: Don't mention it.

You stood up and dusted yourself off.

Y/n: At this pace we should be fine.

You turned around and saw Inosuke running towards the demon.

Y/n: Aw. Come on!

Inosuke sliced down on the demon's arm but it didn't slice through just like last time.

Inosuke: Damn you!

Inosuke started slamming his free sword down on the other one.

Inosuke: I must've gotten infected by Tantaro's charms. I can't let my guard down again! Using my head?! That kinda thing's not like me at all!

Y/n in thoughts: Why isn't the demon using his free arm to attack Inosuke?... Why aren't I preventing him in the first place?!

You jumped to the other side and copied Inosuke with your swords. You almost used the sharp end to hammer it down so you flipped it over to the dull side. You and Inosuke cut through the demon's arms and it screeched.

Inosuke: Alright. I got you! See? It was as simple as that. If you can't cut something with a sword, all you gotta do is pound on it with another sword!

Y/n: Great thinking, Inosuke!

Inosuke: And just my luck! I have the tools for the job!

Y/n: I have the tools too...

Inosuke started laughing.

Inosuke: I am untouchable!

The demon turned around and ran.

Y/n: A tactical retreat is always effective.

You and Inosuke gave chase.

Inosuke: Are you running away from me! Hey! Come back here, damnit!

You and Inosuke gave chase for a bit but eventually lost sight of the demon.

Inosuke: Damnit! Where the hell did that abomination make off to?!

You both continued running for a bit but all of a sudden, Inosuke collapsed.

Y/n: Are you okay?

Inosuke: It's just a scratch. It doesn't hurt at all! It doesn't hurt! It's not a problem!

He strained really hard on that last sentence and he struggled to get up. He was still bleeding.

Y/n: You have to rest.

Inosuke: No! I will never rest! Not until every demon is destroyed!

Inosuke stood up.

Inosuke: I've had enough of this. Time to sniff him out for good!

Inosuke put both his swords near his head and he started making a weird noise. He slowly turned towards you.

Inosuke: Wait a minute...

You spotted the demon up in a tree.

Y/n: There!

He was curled up on a branch and was making a panicked screech.

Inosuke: So there you are! You dumb brained bufoon! How high did you climb?