Chapter 2: Warning in the Dark

The sound of a can rolling down the street caught your attention, you continued walking to get to the bus stop. You sharpened your hearing as much as you could but it was your sight that again alerted you that you were being followed closely. You stopped at a sideboard to be able to observe a set of a bright pink skirt along with a white blouse, it was not your style at all, it was only to be able to see with the help of the glass of the sideboard the one that followed you.

You could not distinguish anyone, although perhaps after having talked with those people it had left you a little paranoid. You sighed in relief and closed your eyes for a few seconds, trying to calm down, trying to have some peace and quiet. Suddenly, you felt a hand that had landed on one of your shoulders, you looked immediately, meeting a gaze fixed on you.

.

.

.

-Are you feeling well, Miss? - I ask you that young man with lilac eyes, you look at him without saying anything -Miss "-"?

-What?...ah, yes...nothing's wrong with me- you answered -can I offer you something...?-You tried to remember her name, but you couldn't -is something wrong?

-No miss- he replied -I only brought you this- you took your cell phone that you had forgotten on the cafeteria table

-Ah!, I see- you offered him a smile -thank you very much- You fiddled with the cell phone in your hands while you thought about saying something else or just getting away from there to be able to continue on your way.

-Are you going anywhere in particular miss "-"? - I ask you

-I'm going to the bus stop- you answered while you put your cell phone in your pants

- Would you allow me to accompany her? - You stared at him without being able to say a word, thinking carefully about that proposition - Miss?

-Sure- you replied -if it's not too much trouble for you

-Of course not- he replied immediately -shall we go?-Offering you his arm which you accepted doubtfully

-Yes… well… .- you were the only thing you could answer

.

.

.

Again you felt those looks of the young women on you, murmuring and observing your companion. You averted your gaze a little, that young man was serious, he seemed lost in his own thoughts. You tripped slightly on a small bump in the sidewalk which caused you to lose your balance a bit

-Be careful my lady- she warned you

-Thank you Mü- you replied

-He remembered my name- I tell you with a smile, the colors rose slightly to your face

-Sorry- you replied immediately as they resumed their walk -I'm not very good at remembering people's names

-I understand my lady, don't worry- he replied -are we close?

-Yes, there are only two more blocks to go and we will arrive- you replied calmly -I warn you that my bus sometimes takes almost an hour to pass

"Then I'll have more time to have a talk with you," he replied calmly.

-If you say so- you replied looking at the ground

They arrived at the stop which was almost empty, they both took a seat and remained in a deep silence, at least very uncomfortable for you. You diverted your eyes towards a small shop that was in front of the stop, then you looked towards the street where there were some pigeons that were looking for some food. You searched among the pockets of your jacket where you took out a small piece of bread that you had brought from the buffet you had gone to with your friends. You tore it apart and started throwing it at the birds who immediately swarmed in to eat.