"Hey" the driver said, peeking his head out the window

"Wasn't there a team of boys here too?"

The girls just sighed and pointed down the road, where a bunch of footprints lead down the dirt path, faint singing in the background.

—Carm POV—

The song that they were (rather patriotically) singing ^

They had only gotten a few hundred yards down the road before a Type 94 truck offered to pick them up.

Inside was the entirety of A team, sitting at an awkwardly close distance the whole way there.

Yukari blushed a little.

They had a little conversation about their battle that took place just very recently. Filling the rear of the truck with chatter as they rode.

By the time they got back to the tank garages and lined up. It was already dusk.

"Good job everyone, very nice!" The instructor congratulated,

the "very nice" part being said in her VERY accented English

"You all did an excellent job considering it was your first time!"

"Especially A team and F team!"

"I never saw a fight that exciting in a long time"

A team got very amped with their success

F team was a bit more regimented.

Carm was pretty happy with their success, but wanted to show what guys could really do in tanks. As a whole bunch of random schoolgirls outperforming boys in a TANK of all things, was a nightmarish thought. Girl sport or not.

He understood that Miho was a veteran, and Yukari knows the vehicle inside and out without even getting into it, much like himself.

But who was Saori? Some girl who just wanted a boyfriend? To be popular? Well she says she has boyfriends, but based on how she reacts around him and his crew, that was not true.

Hana? Someone who wanted more thrill in life? That sounds an awful lot like those who enlisted for a war, thinking it will be for fun and adventure, before being proven so unbelievably wrong that they suffered horrible PTSD.

Mako? Don't make him laugh, no way. She would fall asleep at the driver's sticks and go into a ditch or something. Always complaining about the life she has.