013: The Lotus Eaters

⇚♔✵♔⇛

⇚♔✵♔⇛

013: The Lotus Eaters
[JUNE]

⇚♔✵♔⇛

JUNE HADN'T SLEPT long. She was slightly alarmed when she didn't find any of her companions in the room. Then she grew aware of her surroundings. This place was weird but she wasn't really going to question it. She grabbed her card and headed to the games.

She awoke to a man seated on the couch across from her. The TV had been switched to the Hephaestus TV channel. She sat up, blinking. He wore a New York City marathon t-shirt and tracksuit pants with nylon running shoes. He wore a pith helmet and was tapping away on his phone. Which had snakes. Hermes.

"Oh good you're awake," Hermes said. He glanced up from his phone. "I was told not to meddle with your quest but Athena and Ares did." he tossed her a package. "I make a point in delivering all of my packages but I fear father would have had a meltdown if you and Perseus both sent him spoils of war."

June peered at the package.

"Thanks," June said, shoving the package into her backpack.

"Do you have any ratsss?" a voice said.

"They never bring us ratsss."

"Hush," Hermes said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I've done you a favor June. I'm no longer in your debt."

"Why would you be in debt to me?"

"You protected my mother's life," Hermes said. "For that I'm grateful. Perhaps we can chat about the mechanics of your powers another day. Many on Olympus want you dead you know. Father won't allow it. I want to know why you are worth the risk."

"You're going to be late for your meeting with Hera sir."

He checked his watch. "We can't keep the Queen waiting. I'd love to chat with you when you haven't overused your powers, June Bug. There's much to discuss! I'll email you."

"I don't have an email,"

"We'll work this out some other time," Hermes said. "And June. I trust that you'll keep my son safe. Maybe then I'll reconsider my stance on you living."

Then he vanished. She walked around the room to make sure she hadn't imagined the conversation. She slung her backpack over her shoulder. She didn't want to leave the monster's head in the room. Then she went out to check the place out.

She bungee jumped, which she hadn't found as fun as she thought it would be. Then she played laser tag until she beat everyone in the room. She played arcade games and ate cotton candy.