She had that type of effect on people as her singing was enough to let you know she was a humble, kind, strong, beautiful woman that did not let her difficult life sour her world.

Her singing was all that I hoped to hear once again...but for now...I'll keep replaying it in my head...

Even currently, the melody faintly plays as it feels like I have headphones on...

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you...

The mind is a wonderful thing when you learn how to manipulate it into working in your favor.

However, it can quickly turn into your biggest enemy if you let it.

"You'll break eventually..."

I ignored my father's ignorant statement which had me crashing back down to reality.

Our attention shifted when the doors opened again and another stranger made his way inside as he was given a glass of champagne; indicating he was not a regular "guest."

He wore a similar ego as my father by the way he stepped in like he owned the place and flaunted the wealth he had throughout his entire appearance including the golden buckles on his black polished shoes.

He had a smug expression and couldn't be that much older than my father with his thick, dark brown hair and tall figure.

The only difference was that he didn't wear a suit like my father and I but wore a black and golden patterned button-down shirt that looked expensive to the touch.

He purposely exposed his broad chest by not buttoning the first few on his shirt which showed off all the expensive jewelry he wore around his neck.

An Italian mafia man.

"Salvatore," my father greeted him with a firm handshake as he had no choice but to treat him well.

From what I remembered, he assisted my father when the FBI was close to discovering he was the one responsible for the deaths of three journalists that wanted to expose him for other crimes.

He had tortured and killed all three with his own hands so the evidence was there but corruption aids in making that evidence disappear...

Salvatore and my father's friendship was far from sincere as it was evident that they only used one another for gain and profit.

They both knew that very well.

"I saw the nasty trash that was being tossed out. Hopefully, that didn't cause you too much trouble," Salvatore mentioned as he referred to the man that my father just finished speaking to before he arrived.

His eery smile as he said this showed he enjoyed seeing such things.

"Not at all. I only regret not ending his life when I had the chance with how annoying he was," my father poured himself a drink and gave Salvatore a deadly look while he sipped his alcohol but this was only caught by me.

Salvatore expressed an untrustworthy smile and reached out to take a fig from the bowl that was on my father's desk without asking.

My father only watched with no emotion on his face, "I'm sure you're not here just to casually chat and eat figs," he was done being nice when his voice came out sounding bored with this man's presence here that was only a disturbance.