"You have failed to gain my interest in this proposal. It's almost amusing watching you act like such a fool in front of my son like this. He must be holding in a laugh witnessing an older man beg on his knees. How about you stab this pen into your eye so you can continue to humor him?" my gaze stayed on the flower painting across the room and did not pay attention to the disturbing scene with my father and that man, but he had other ideas.

I lowered my eyes for a moment when I heard the all too familiar sound of the squelching sound of an eyeball being wounded.

I didn't have to look over to know that this desperate man had stabbed his eye with the pen my father so casually handed him and was letting out pained noises but sounded happy that he obediently followed his orders.

He actually thought that was going to impress him.

He must be missing a part of his brain.

This was nothing to my father.

"Pathetic. You're not getting a single cent out of me and now you won't be able to so boldly stare at my son when you think I'm not paying attention. Leave before I stab out your other eye you fucking parasite," I showed no emotion while I watched the one-eyed man being dragged out by my father's subordinates without a care that the pen was still deep in his bloody eye.

His cigar was shoved down his throat to silence his hopeless yelling and cursing but his muffled screams indicated that the cigar was never put out so I'm sure it was burning him.

A dreadful silence followed when the double doors closed shut and I was left alone with my father once more.

He didn't pay me any attention but I knew he was monitoring everything that I did without being caught.

He was meticulous like this as he waited for me to mess up.

That way I could be taught a lesson to learn "discipline" and "obedience" as he loved to call it when I was abused by him.

My body was always the target as my face was purposely left untouched for no one to see...

"What a perfect statue. You haven't moved at all. Yet, you still grab every person's attention when they walk through those doors. Do you like being looked at, Kai? I'm sure you do," my father's resentful words were made to stir something inside me, but my lips stayed glued shut.

His sarcastic and confrontational attitude was nothing new.

He's tried everything to get me to react and express anger, fear, or unhappiness but he wasn't going to break me that easily.

No matter how hard or severe he verbally and physically beat me...I have never shed a single tear or even begged him to stop when I felt like everything inside of me was being broken into pieces.

I didn't even cry when he yanked me from my mother's arms and kidnapped me from my once loving home with her years ago...

The only thing I've ever felt is hatred.

It runs deep through my veins as I wait for the day I end his life with my own hands.

The only thing that has ever eased my pain when it becomes unbearable is a song by Elvis Presley that seems to softly play in my head on these occasions.

I'm not sure if it's the tone of his voice or the lyrics of the song that made me find peace in it.

I wanted to force myself to believe I enjoyed the song for these reasons and not because it was constantly sung by my mother when she did tough labor.

Her voice was barely a whisper that reached your ears but it was beyond gentle and full of tenderness that made you want to sit down and listen to her sing all day.