𝒞𝒽𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝒪𝒻 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒯𝒶𝓉𝒶𝓂𝒾 𝑅𝑜𝑜𝓂: 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇

╔═════☩══♛══☩═════╗

The pregnant woman finally made it to the room. Knowing that her body would not handle more walking or standing, she decided to lie down and try to hit the hay. She began to notice the differences between being outside and having a place to sleep. Hope began filling her body and renewing it, she could envision her new life with her child without worry.

"Your new bed will be here shortly." The owner announced while leaving the room.

"Oh, right." "I have to make you some food too." "Thank you so much."

Suddenly, a thud interrupted her rest. When she opened her blue eyes, a doll could be seen. It had a peculiar shape, it resembled a baby being swaddled. It didn't have a face, it was covered by a painted blanket. Even though it could come as creepy, its vibrant colors made it acquire more of a nostalgic aura.

"A doll?"

╚═════☩══✦══☩═════╝

Shinju and Kusuriuri switched places once again. This time they were right below the room's entrance, next to the stairs that would lead to it. They were sitting on a dark violet couch. The medicine seller sat with a firm back and one of his legs above the other. Shinju, on the other hand, had her legs spread the furthest that her kimono would allow and reclined on the sofa. Being a lady and acting correct was a manner that her tiredness wouldn't allow at that moment.

"What are you two doing here?" The old lady asked a bit surprised to see them there.

"We were heading to the lavatory. We got a little lost." The medicine seller lied with a straight face.

"Yeah, this place is just too big, how am I even supposed to return to my room?" Shinju put on an innocent act while her voice expressed more emotions. By leading the main topic to another, she was able to avoid getting caught in the lies.

"Well, then. It's just at the end of that hall. If you want to return to your room, go downstairs and Tokuji will aid you." "Thank you."

After some awkward silence, the medicine seller spoke softly and slowly. His charming voice was like a drug that would stay in your mind, mesmerizing your insides. The correct handling of the tempo made many people engage with his words and take him more seriously, even though sometimes people would get annoyed with his voice.

"Are there any rooms above this one?" He cut straight to the chase.

"None at all. It's just a store room. I would ask you not to go up." "I see." "Oh, I should pay for those medicines."

Shinju placed another seal discretely on the wall. It was given to her by the medicine seller. He didn't have to use any words for her to understand her duty. She was used to deceiving people and using someone as a distraction was part of her daily life.

"No, tomorrow will be fine." Upon seeing that the sea was working correctly, he no longer needed all the acting. "Good night to you."

The pair stood up and went the way that the owner previously guided them to find the lavatory.

"Gee, you lie so well." The pearled girl complimented her new master.

"She also lied to us." "Yeah, she just doesn't know that we know the truth."

A giggle left Shinju's mouth. She was a sucker for the adrenaline and the recent events made her feel at home. She felt accomplished with the little mischief that they induced together. Their bonds were starting to grow closer. She could finally feel at ease, knowing that he wouldn't judge her, feeling like she could be free for once.