3. Intuition wins

Taehyun sent his message to Huening Kai and got a reply containing the adress at the same day. After Yeonjun gave him some advice, he felt more confident but also kind of stressed, as if it was something he couldn't do in practice. 

Yet he was just crossing the last street to get to the other side where his dream birthday boy lived. 

Standing in front of a pretty white door, he checked on a medium sized gift bag in his hand for the last time, before ringing the doorbell. He almost held his breath to hear properly every step behind the door he was staring at. 

Warm breeze stroke his face. 

Suddenly something seemed strange to him. 

Silence. 

However, as he was taking a look around a neighborhood, covered in a varied pallete of summer flowers' colors, the door opened, showing kindly smiling face. 

Damn, he really came - Kai thought then found both of them staring at each other so he blinked for a few times.

"Hi."

"Hi."

"May I come in?" Taehyun asked uncertainly.

"Oh! Of course! Of course... Welcome."

The door immediately opened wide so he could enter the house. After some short mapping of neat ordinary hallway with walls covered with plenty of photo frames, Taehyun took off his shoes and let Kai lead him through the hallway to another door. After that they quietly went up the stairs to an upper floor. 

It was quite usual for Taehyun that he was quiet as he didn't use to be talkative, but it was kinda rare for Kai to be like that. Taehyun's weird feeling was stronger by each passing second, as he was watching his classmate's back dressed in his favourite comfortable Charizard hoodie. It was giving him a feeling that there's nothing special going on. 

In the end, he realized that he was standing in the doorway, looking at kinda cozy boyish room. The blinds were drawn because of the sun, so it was a little bit dark in there. The bed which was at least half filled with pokemon and penguin plushies caught his attention straight away. 

I could've expected it - he gulped silently, holding the bag tightly with his fingers and watching Kai slowly walking behind a low table placed on a carpet in the middle of this relatively small room. There was a pizza box, bottles and glasses on it. Two... glasses. 

"Take a seat," Kai smiled sweetly and pointed at the pillow closer to Taehyun with his hand. As soon as Tae sat down behind the table, Hyuka did the same on the opposite side while obviously trying to keep his smile on. 

"Well... this is kind of awkward. I knew you were a fan but- yeah, happy birthday." 

The guest decided to pass Kai his gift bag, he took it over and looked inside. Sudden sparking in his eyes made Taehyun smile shyly which was typical for him. 

Hyuka didn't wait at all, he pulled his new cute Charmander plushie out and hugged it with all of his love. His face said it all, and Taehyun felt some kind of warmth on his heart. Is it really so special to him even if he has plenty of them? Actually, he looked so adorable and his joy seemed genuine. 

"No. No, it's not awkward at all. It's amazing, perfect, thank you so so~ much," he smiled showing his teeth and bowed low to show his gratitude. Then he sat the plushie down next to him, patted its head and opened the pizza box. 

When he noticed the pizza had some slices of peach on it, Taehyun was really surprised. He slightly opened his mouth and his eyes glazed a little bit. It didn't make any sense, just like yesterday. 

"Have a bite," Hyuka offered him some and then took one of the pieces for himself. "Actually, I didn't expect you to bring anything since I only invited you yesterday, so I'm really moved by this new friend. You are both so sweet, to be honest." 

He didn't say that I was sweet, did he? 

"I'm glad you like it." 

Taehyun took one piece of tasty looking pizza politely and took a bite. Then he briefly looked at Huening Kai's chest and gulped. 

Damn you. Gyu-hyung. There really was a bisexual badge pinned on his hoodie. 

"When will the others come?" he asked suddenly because he really didn't expect to be in his bedroom with no one else besides them. It didn't seem like anyone else was coming today. 

Now Hyuka was the one who lost his words for a while. He brushed his hands and chewed a bite until he could speak properly. 

"They won't. There is no one else. I only invited you to come over during my birthday. The party planned for my family is at the weekend," he sighed and bit his lower lip a little bit anxiously. 

No way. Why would he do that? 

Tae put his piece of pizza back and brushed his hands too. Then he took a deep breath, avoiding Kai's intense eye contact. 

"Are you angry at me?" he almost whispered. 

Just then Taehyun straighten up. 

"What? No... no, but- why would you do that? Why would you invite me? Like... only me," he pointed at himself in disbelief, "I don't get it. I am... kind of honored that you did? But I have no idea why." 

No idea... He actually had some. The first one would be absolutely unbelievable, the second one was more likely to happen but it would be kind of unpleasant for him. 

It was unlike anything Tae imagined that could possibly happen at this... party. 

"Well, that's- I... you really shouldn't get angry, but- I was kind of talking to your friend a few days ago and...," Kai started with some guilt in his expression. 

"With Beomgyu-hyung, is that so?" Tae asked him patiently. 

"Yes, that hyung, but-" 

I am done.  

+x+