| Chapter 1 |

It was a typical Thursday night.

And Love Bennett was bored out of her mind.

The small brunette girl sat in her white chair, her feet propped on the edge of her white desk. It was pouring outside, the heavy rain drumming on her windows.

Dreamily, she looked outside, following a single raindrop rolling down on the glass. She loved the sound of the rain – it has always calmed down her nerves. In the background she played some lofi music, just vibing like she always does in the evening. In front of her, there was a half-full bowl of strawberries that she lazily ate from now and then, not entirely concentrating on her food, but mostly on her bright monitor.

On her monitor, she was just scrolling through her socials, surprised that it was kinda dead. Nothing was happening, and she puffed out a frustrated breath because of that. She hated being bored, doing nothing made her tired all the time.

And, she was, in fact, tired all the time.

She tapped her chapped red nails on the table, bobbing her head slowly when her phone dinged. Curiously, she looked at the notification and saw who just messaged her, her eyes widened. Nobody ever messaged her randomly.

Rae

Hey <3

We're playing with some of our friends, and we need a fill

Are you free tonight?

Love and Rae's friendship go a long way. Basically, Rae was the main reason she started streaming, too – even if streaming was not her cup of tea. They met in a Valorant session once, and being the only two girls on the team, they became friends very quickly.

Love was not used to making friends, especially quickly. And having zero friends, Rae was her savior.

Love

Hi, bestie <3

I'm always free for you

What are we playing?

Rae

Its called Among Us

You'll like it

Love

Okay I guess

I'll download it

Just for you queen

Rae

Thank u, queen <3

Still smiling because of Rae's messages, she started downloading the game. Shortly after that, she started up her game while sipping on her lemonade – meanwhile, Rae already sent her an invite to their private Discord server.

Love was nervous as hell. She never performed well under pressure, and to her, chatting with strangers was huge pressure. Sure, she was a streamer, but she hated having to do small talk with strangers. And even though she didn't plan on streaming anything, her anxiety was through the roof.

Her white-furred cat, Quinn jumped onto her lap, making her heart skip a beat.

„Slept well, beautiful?" she cooed to her cat, petting its head softly, making it purr with satisfaction. Quinn always showed up to soothe her nerves.

Love adjusted her earphones, and dismissing her rapid heartbeat, she quickly joined the voice chat. Instantly, a lot of voices filled her ears, making her eyes widen – she wasn't used to so many voices at once.