"I know, Riverstar." Stormheart's voice was a lot steadier than the leader's. "We'll figure it out, but we will face to face MoonClan at the gathering. We will figure out how to handle this together."

"Excuse me, Riverstar?" Leafdawn raised her voice, calling into the den.

There was a moment of silence before Riverstar stepped out of the den. Her eyes were exhausted and her pelt was ruffled, clear signs of stress. "Yes, Leafdawn?" She looked from Leafdawn to Slatepaw.

"I made a promise to Slatepaw, that if he obeyed orders and fought well in the battle that I would allow him to earn his warrior name. He did just that, he kept his promise and fight well despite his injuries."

Riverstar seemed to regain her composure and lifted her head. "As I said before, I am not the one who decides when an apprentice gets his warrior name. If you say that Slatepaw has earned his name then I will honor your wishes, Leafdawn." Slatepaw lifted his head, excitement sparking to life inside of him. "Allow me a few moments and I will hold the ceremony."

"Thank you, Riverstar." Slatepaw spoke up. His anger about the day he had been robbed of his ceremony had been fading, and he could tell that his leader was struggling. She's still allowing me to be a warrior despite what happened.

Riverstar's blue gaze softened for a moment. "You're welcome, Slatepaw. Thank you for taking the time to learn what it means to be an AshClan warrior." She dipped her head and turned back into the leader's den.

"You really have improved." Leafdawn said as the two of them stepped away from the den. "Whether you actually gained some manners or respect or just learned how to hold your tongue and keep your thoughts to yourself, I'm still proud of you." Slatepaw glanced up at his mentor. He couldn't tell if he had changed or not and he didn't really care, the only thing he cared about was earning his warrior name.

"Thank you." Slatepaw dipped his head, he didn't have anything else to say. He sat patiently near the center of camp until Riverstar emerged from her den. She had smoothed down her pelt and she looked a lot more like the fierce AshClan leader that her Clan expected her to be. Riverstar made her way to the center of camp and raised her voice.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather for a Clan meeting!" Slatepaw stood up, holding his head tall. He walked with a powerful stride, he could feel his confidence and pride swelling within him. It's finally time. Slatepaw sat the front of the crowd, close to Riverstar and Stormheart. "While there are several things I wish to discuss with the Clan," Riverstar began. "It is time, at long last, for one of our most arrogant and stubborn apprentices to finally earn his warrior name."

Slatepaw held his head high, ignoring the remark. He could feel the eyes of his Clanmates burning into him as he puffed out his chest. "Despite his arrogance, Slatepaw has proven his strength and skill as a warrior time and time again and I know that he will make an incredible AshClan warrior." Get on with it. Slatepaw thought silently. "Slatepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend the Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do." Slatepaw spoke bold and confidently. He wanted to make sure no cat in this Clan could deny that he was meant to be a warrior.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Slatepaw, from this day forward you will be known as Slateheart. AshClan honors your strength and resilience and I welcome you as a full warrior of AshClan."

Slateheart relished in his new name and stepped forward, repeating the ritual he watched many times before. He allowed Riverstar to touch her muzzle to his forehead and rasped his tongue over her shoulder before stepping back. Slateheart met Riverstar's intense blue gaze and she gave him a nod of approval.

Slateheart turned around to face his Clan. "Slateheart! Slateheart!" The Clan cheered his name and he held his head proudly. Finally. I should've been made a warrior moons ago, but at least it's finally over.

"Before I end this meeting," Riverstar continued, giving Slateheart the signal to sit down and listen. "I'm sure some of you have a few concerns regarding the battle and I want to begin by saying it was never my intention to kill Shadowstar. Not only was I not aware he was on his last life but I wasn't attempt to kill him. I went to bite his shoulder and he twisted, instead I bit into his neck and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I made you all be certain that no MoonClan cats would die and I couldn't follow the same advice, I understand if you are all frustrated and upset with me."

"We don't blame you, Riverstar." Harewhisker spoke up. "Casualties are apart of Clan life, and yes it hurts but that's the truth. Shadowstar knew he was on his last life, and he chose to fight. He knew that challenging us would lead to a fight, all the Clans know what kind of Clan we are."

"What are we going to do from here?" It was Lilyclaw who spoke up. "We can assume that Violetfur, now Violetstar I presume, is not going to take this lightly. She may seek revenge."

"MoonClan are hardly the revenge seeking type." Nightheart added.

"Violetstar is." Graypelt added. "She's always been a more aggressive MoonClan cat, I imagine its why Shadowstar chose her as deputy. She's not afraid of a fight."

"We will have to face Violetstar at the gathering," Riverstar said. " I will humbly apologize for the death of Shadowstar and take full accountability. I will then see if perhaps we can call this entire situation off and return to our normal lives. Even being more aggressive, I can't see Violetstar putting her warriors in danger to avenge Shadowstar."

"And if she doesn't?" Dustfall questioned.

"Then we will go from there and figure out a plan."

The Clan seemed to be satisfied with Riverstar's answers, and Slateheart couldn't figure out why she felt so guilty about it. Shadowstar was an old leader. Like Harewhisker said, he knew he was on his last life and still chose to fight. The meeting dissipated with many of the AshClan cats talking about the future.

Meanwhile, Slateheart was swarmed by his family. Mistflight and Dewpetal rushing up to him and Silvermoon as well, nuzzling his cheek fondly. "You finally did it." She purred, her blue eyes sparkling. "I'm so proud of you, and your father would be as well."

"Thank you." Was all Slateheart said. "I'm glad it finally happened." He kept his thoughts about being annoyed it took so long to himself and just focused on celebrating his achievement with his family. While he did so, he briefly thought about Ashblaze. I hope you are proud of me, father. You were the one cat who knew my true strength.