25. Soccer

"I brought pompoms," Jeongguk said, resting his helmet-covered head on Taehyung's back after wrapping his hands tight around his waist. 

Taehyung scoffed but didn't take his eyes off the road. If he messed it up, Namjoon would never let him take his motorcycle out to pick Jeongguk up for dates ever again. "What?!" he asked, a grin slowly pulling his lips up. 

Jeongguk rolled his eyes and rested his chin on Taehyung's shoulder. It was uncomfortable with their helmets bumping into each other, but Jeongguk didn't mind it. "I'm kidding, of course," he said. 

"Right," Taehyung said but a wild chuckle escaped his throat at the thought of Jeongguk actually running down to the railing to cheer their side of the team with pompoms. And once the thought sprouted, it didn't stop growing. He had to stop driving to take a break and laugh to his heart's content. 

"What are you laughing foooooor?!!" Jeongguk took his helmet off and whined sourly, but Taehyung couldn't form coherent sentences. "You.....with pompoms...hahahaha...oh god...haha...I can't imagine...hahahaha....actually, I can...."

Jeongguk beat him up until he ended up losing his balance on the motorcycle and barely managed to right the bike. "We could lose our lives, Gguk!!" Taehyung exclaimed but the grin never left his face. 

They were on their way to watch a soccer match and Taehyung could barely keep himself from bouncing his legs already. He was a little too excited about the match. He had always been a little too into sports, after all. And most importantly, it was a match between the Busan and Daegu teams. There's no way he was going to sit this one down.

It had been hard to convince Namjoon to let Taehyung take his bike and Taehyung and Jeongguk had spent the entire day pestering the life out of Namjoon before the man finally gave in and handed Taehyung his bike keys. 

Until then, Jeongguk had thought Namjoon was the hottest man on earth when he rode the bike to school every day, but his entire perspective changed the second he saw Taehyung on it. Of course, Namjoon's brother would be hotter than him on the bike. 

Taehyung bought two pairs of tube balloons for them despite Jeongguk's loud protests. "This is the closest I can get to pompoms," he said with a chuckle and handed Jeongguk a pair. While Jeongguk hid them behind him in embarrassment, Taehyung never brought them down. 

From the very second the match started, Taehyung couldn't sit. And at some point, Taehyung's excitement fired up Jeongguk's adrenaline as well and soon, the two of them were at the railing, screaming their lungs out at the players along with everyone else who was at the railing. 

When the Daegu team scored their first goal, Jeongguk could swear even the players would have distinctly heard Taehyung's voice. He was attacked by a very enthusiastic hug that he had no heart in returning. He was supporting the Busan team, after all. 

He attacked Taehyung with his balloons when the Busan team scored and earned a very sour scowl from Taehyung in return. He didn't mind it, of course. The Busan team winning the match was more important than Taehyung's mood at the moment, according to him. 

His own mood didn't stay too bright for long, however, because it soon became pretty clear that Daegu's team was the one that was running towards success. Jeongguk's mood plummeted from there, but Taehyung gave no care, attacking Jeongguk in tight bear hugs every single time his team scored a goal. 

It was after the first half of the match that Jeongguk decided to betray his team and switch sides. At least he would be able to enjoy it then. 

It didn't take long for Taehyung's excitement and happiness to bleed into his own veins. Soon, he was jumping along with Taehyung whenever Daegu scored, much to Taehyung's confusion, but he just laughed it off after giving Taehyung a hit on his shoulder with his balloon. 

"I'm supporting Daegu now," Jeongguk offered as an explanation, speaking as fast as he could so that he wouldn't miss anything in the match, "I lost all hopes on my team," he pursed his lips, but got back to cheering Daegu's team with Taehyung after that. 

Neither of them interacted again until Daegu scored the winning goal. Almost the entire stadium erupted in cheers. Taehyung and Jeongguk grabbed each other and jumped up and down, screaming in excitement. 

It took time for the stadium to calm down and by the time that happened, Taehyung and Jeongguk were on their way to a roadside stall to have street food for dinner. 

Taehyung always knew Jeongguk ate a lot, but seeing him gobble up the entire street made him rethink his entire life choices. 

"Yah, enough, let's go back home now. My wallet's almost empty!!" he exclaimed, making Jeongguk pout. "I didn't try the hotdogs yet," he said, "and the fish cakes!! And I was thinking of going for th-"

"Yahh!! You think I'm loaded or what?!"

"Not my fault," Jeongguk shrugged with a chuckle, "you were the one who banned me from getting my own wallet."

"Yeah, I regret trying to be a gentleman now. I should have just let you bring it," Taehyung said with a sigh. 

Jeongguk guffawed at the pout that followed. "Chill, I did bring my wallet," he said and broke into a laugh right away at the glare that Taehyung shot him. "I've been keeping track of all that I'm eating," he said. "I was going to give you my share of the food's money after we got back home," he said but for some reason, Taehyung's glare only intensified without chilling out. 

"Ugh," Taehyung rubbed his forehead. "I was just kidding, shut up. I'll kill you if you give me even a single Won. You were the one who bought the match tickets anyway, remember?" he said and dragged an excited Jeongguk towards the hotdog stall. 

"Hyung, I love you," Jeongguk threw in the air out of the blue after his fourth hotdog. Taehyung broke into a disgusting grin with his mouth full of hotdog bits. "I wove you 'oo," he replied and swallowed his mouth's contents before leaning forward to kiss Jeongguk on his cheek. 

However, "oww!!" Jeongguk exclaimed angrily and hit Taehyung on his chest before pushing him away. He brought his hand close to his cheek with a pained expression but didn't dare touch his skin. 

"What?!" 

"Did you have to kiss me right on my pimple?!" Jeongguk asked angrily, with his hand still close to his cheek, his fingers stiff with the burn on it. 

"Oh," Taehyung chuckled and rubbed his chin awkwardly. "I'm sorry," he said without sounding the least bit apologetic. 

Jeongguk rolled his eyes and leaned forward towards Taehyung's cheek. Taehyung automatically tilted his face to show his cheek to Jeongguk, who smirked at the very last second and opened his lips to let his teeth feast on the rough, baby-stubble-filled cheek. 

"OWW!!"

Jeongguk burst into laughter, doubling over to catch a breath. The expression on Taehyung's face was priceless, after all.

 "WHY WOULD YOU BITE ME, YOU SHITTER GOOSE?!!"

"Ti-...haha....tit for...hahahahahaha.....tat..." 

"IT'S NOT TIT FOR TAT, YOU BRAT!! I KISSED YOU ON YOUR PIMPLE BY MISTAKE AND YOU BIT ME ON PURPOSE!! HOW IS IT THE SAME!! You come here," Taehyung muttered the last part and abandoned his hotdog before running after Jeongguk, who had already begun sprinting the second Taehyung began yelling. 

Needless to say, Jeongguk got beaten up by his boyfriend before he could even set the hotdog in his hand down.