001 , return to mystic falls

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 , voidfaye001

001. return to mystic falls

WHEN Theodore received the phone call from his older brother Damon, the last place he expected to be called to was Mystic Falls. The last time he returned to his hometown was decades ago and to be honest, that was only because he was dragged back by his brother. If he had a choice, he would've never stepped back into that hellhole. Mystic Falls could never be his home again, not after losing her. Yes, there were times he would feel nostalgic about his life back then, when they were all still bonded as brothers, but that all changed after becoming vampires and nothing would ever change that. He was a killer now, something his twin hated and he knew felt guilty about, but he just couldn't bring himself to care. The only thing he did care about was the one question that had been bouncing around his mind for the past 145 years. Would she hate who he had become?

Quickly banishing that thought from his mind, Theodore drove past the welcome sign and entered Mystic Falls for the first time in 145 years willingly. While he didn't want to care, there was a small part of him that wondered why Stefan even bothered to settle down back here. And if there was one thing he never liked, it was unanswered questions. So without a second thought, he quickly drove to the Salvatore Boarding House where he knew Damon would be waiting for him. Pulling up into the parkway, Theodore parked his car and gazed out the window with a bored expression. He could tell that Damon wasn't here right now and his best bet was that he was already toying with Stefan. That was the part of Damon that truly rubbed off on him.

For a good few decades after turning, Damon and him were like two peas in a pod. They caused chaos and mayhem wherever they went. It was the only time he truly felt guilty for his actions because everything he did was exactly what she didn't want for him. People used to tell him that no humanity him was the most dangerous him out there. Almost as dangerous as Stefan when he was in his ripper phase, but he disagreed. He knew that he was most dangerous when he had his humanity on.

"Looks like 'Uncle' Zach is still home, eh brother?" Damon remarked with his usual smirk on his face.

Theodore was utterly unimpressed. Turning around, he looked at his brother and asked, "Why did you ask me to come here?"

Rolling his eyes, Damon patted his shoulders, "Relax brother, I wouldn't have called you if I didn't have a good reason." He pulled the car door open and gestured for Theodore to step out. "Little Stefan is attempting to play human because of a girl who looks exactly like Katherine."

Theodore froze, fury burning through his veins just at the mention of that name. "What? How is that even possible?" His mind worked on overdrive, trying to come up with the simplest explanation.