A Brother's Fall to Loneliness: Part 1

Twenty years ago.

The sounds of children playing and having fun filled the courtyard of a towns local Orphanage. Two young bunnies where playing with dolls, a Piglet and ducklet were playing hacky sack, to many other kids enjoying themselves. It seemed so peaceful for everyone. Well... almost everyone...

The pig and duck who were playing hack sack lost control of the footbag and it flew off away from them and landed in the courtyards large trees many branches. Both quickly ran over to the tree and saw it was way too high up for them to reach it, until they saw someone sitting on one of the branches, both knew who it was. It was the new kid who arrived a couple weeks ago. The fox boy with a scar on his left cheek and missing part of his ear, Yong Feng.

Both kids looked at each other, clearly nervous, they knew what Feng had been through, and they both knew how he was. But they really wanted to get the footbag back, so reluctantly they approached the branch Feng was on.

Ducklet: Hey... Feng?

It was silent for a brief moment until Feng spoke up. Still facing away.

Feng: *Depressed tone* What do you want?...

Ducklet: Well... my friend and I were playing hacky sack, and we accidentally launched the footbag in that tree branch next to you... can you-

???: Hey!

Both the Piglet and Ducklet looked at the direction the voice came from, it was wolf pup wearing dark blue robe and pants, and he looked very mean looking.

Piglet: What do you want Lang?

Lang: Don't come near him! Everyone knows you can't trust a fox!

Ducklet: What? What do you mean?

Lang: I heard that foxes are nothing but wicked tricksters. They act all friendly to others to gain one's trust, and before you know it, they stab you in the back! They're nothing but manipulative liars who only care about themselves! Not even foxes care about other foxes.

Hearing those words made Feng twitch, he grasped his paws tight.

Piglet: Hey don't say that! Feng doesn't seem the type to do those sort of things. And besides, you heard about what happened to his family, he's probably very upset.

Lang: *Skeptical* Oh please. It's probably a big lie.

Feng clenched his teeth as the anger was rising.

Lang: He probably just ran away home because his mommy didn't give him a toy! He probably gave himself those ugly scars-

Before the wolf pup could finish, he was interrupted by Feng punching him straight in the face, sending him to the ground as he winced in pain. The ducklet and piglet look to see Feng. How did he get down that tree so fast? But what they did know was that he was mad, the anger clear in his blue eyes.

Feng: *Angry* Don't you dare talk about my family that way you stupid lap dog!

???: What's going on here?!

Everyone looked to see it was the director of the orphanage, she overheard the commotion and wanted to see what was going on.

Feng: This Butt sniffer here was talking trash about my family!

Lang: *Gets up and holds his nose* He attacked me!

Feng: Only because you were being so ignorant and started stereotyping me!

Director: That's enough! Feng. Come with me! Lang. Go to the nurse and I'll talk with you once you're patched up!

Both glared at each other before the director grabbed a teary eyed Feng by his arm and dragged him away as Lang was lead to the medical area. Unknown to the director and Feng, the Piglet and Ducklet noticed the sound of something falling to the floor, they look and see it was their footbag. They then look to the tree. Did the tree branches get smaller? Or were they just imagining it? How did the footbag get down from the tree?