CHP32- Late night talks

EVERYONE WAS SLEEPING IN THE WHEELER'S BASEMENT, like a huge sleepover except it wasn't exactly fun. They were all staying up to protect Max, but they had all fallen asleep, not Val though. Val couldn't get to sleep, she refused to sleep, she was worried about Max. She was drawing in her note book , she loved drawing, when Val wasn't drawing or listening to music, she was writing it or learning to play her favourite song. Once she locked herself in her room for three days while she mastered 'Should I stay or should I go' by The Clash for Will's birthday.

Val was use to not sleeping, there was a month after Val and Max's breakup where she didn't sleep. Val sat cross-legged, staring at her ex-girlfriend, who was sleeping peacefully when she suddenly shot up in a cold sweat. Val pressed her hands onto the floor, pushing her body up. She walked quickly towards the red-head on the coach. She sat down next to her.She wrapped her arm around the girl, as the girl breathed heavily. "Hey. Hey. Shh. Shh. It's okay," Val whispered pushing Max's head onto her shoulder. "You okay?" Val asked tilting her head at the girl. The redhead nodded her head,  Val took her arm from around Max and slowly pushed herself up, before Max grabbed her wrist. "Wait-"

Val stopped and looked up at the girl. "Can we ... Can we talk?" Max asked playing with her sleeve.  "Sure..." Val said sliding further back on the coach. "How are you feeling?" Val asked looking up at the ceiling. "Good..I guess," Max said with a shrug. "How are you?" The redhead asked. "I'm okay, I guess." Val whisperered as Max began leaned in for a hug. The girl gladly accept it. Max laughed slightly, "You guess?" Val smiled as she slowly moved her hand to cover Max's, but Max grabbed Val's hand and held it tight. "Yeah, I mean, I nearly lost you." Val said tilting her head towards the girl. Max looked at the girl. "What?" Max asked.  "I nearly lost you." Val repeated. "No, I heard you. I'm just confused." the girl said. "You nearly died Max," The brunette explained.  "You we're worried about me?" the redhead asked. "Of course. I was."

"But you hate me." Max said with a frown. " No I don't." Val said looking up at the girl. "You said you did." Max whispered. "I did hate you, not anymore. Max, I.. I.. I" Val stuttered.  "I love you." she managed to get out. Max's eyes widened. "What?" the redhead asked. "I love you." Val repeated. "I love you. I love you. I love you." The brunette repeated. Max leaned in and kissed the girl. "I love you too." Max whispered "This reminds me of when we first kissed." Val said smiling. " God what I'd do to go back to that time," Max said looking down.

"Hey. I'd go back if I could but we're going to be okay , we'll make it out of this alive and stronger than ever," Val said, grabbing Max's hands. "Promise?" Max asked holding he pinkie out. "Promise," Val said linking her pinkie with Max's and shaking them slightly.

"And if I break that promise you can have my favourite ring," Val said smiling. "Okay if I break that promise you can have my favourite bracelet," Max added. "Only if we don't come out stronger than ever," Val quickly said. "Deal?" She asked holding her hand out. "Deal," Max said shaking her hand.

" You know, you don't have to stay up to keep replaying the track right? it dose it automatically, " Max said. "Yeah I know, can't sleep you know," She sighed. "Do.. do you wanna sleep up here? With me?" Max asked. "Sure if that's okay with you," She said. "Max?" Val asked, making the girl look at her. "Do you think we'll ever fully destroy the upside down?" the brunette asked. "Hopefully. " Max whispered.
"Hey, uhm.. Val." the redhead began. Val hummed in response, "Will.. will you be.. my girlfriend... again?" Max asked. Val paused for a moment, not sure what her answer was. "Val you still there?" the Mayfield girl asked. "Yeah. I'm still here. I'll always be here." Val answered.

"Fuck it." Val whisperered to herself, "Sure, I'd love to be your girlfriend again." Val whisperered. "You're not just saying that right? You actually want to be with me?" Max asked.  "Yes. I do, I really do." the burnette nodded. "Okay, good." Max whispered.  "Good?"
Val turned her head to look at the girl. "Good."  the girl nodded, kissing the girls cheek.

Eventually, the two girls fell asleep. Max lay near the edge of the couch, Val  slet slight above her, she could finally sleep knowing Max was okay, and surely Max would be fine.

az speaks
my friend apologised for being a massive bitch to me two months ago.... like..... what. also sorry this is short