Back to Your Heart

Chris and I ordered room service for dinner and just sat in the living room in silence and ate. I finally put my fork down.

"I can't do this, I cant sit in silence when there is so much shit to unpack." I said and Chris sighed. He put his fork down and looked at me.

"You wanted to eat first." Chris said and I groaned putting my head in my hands.

"Shut up..." I said and gave a small smile to him since I knew he was right.

"Jade, please let me start." Chris said and I nodded. "I know I screwed up. I also know it wasn't a little screw up like this was a major royal screw up that could have ruined everything. I mean I did ruin everything. I had you in my life, everything I wanted and then I lost you in one drunk night. I never should have gone out that night, I should have called you, done something else. I never wanted to hurt you Jade. You are the best thing I have going in my life right now. I don't want to lose you." Chris said and grabbed my hands when we turned towards each other on the couch.

"You realize the mess you made right?" I asked and Chris nodded.

"I do, trust me. I also think you should come with me to the Berlin premiere. Show a united front." Chris said and I nodded.

"Megan is already getting me an outfit to wear." I said and he smiled.

"Good, I need you with me to put all this to rest." Chris said and I groaned.

"So...wow..." I said and got up.

"What?! What did I say now?!" Chris asked.

"You want me there to just put everything to rest. The only reason you want me there Chris?! I mean you could have said I wanted you there, I wanted you with me, by my side...anything except that." I said and walked to the spare room and shut the door. Was I overreacting maybe but he needed to learn what to say and when to say it.

I stayed in the room all night. I got dressed and ready for bed. I flipped through the channels for awhile but found nothing on. A lot of talk about the premiere the next night. I just wanted to go to sleep but then I heard the piano in the main living room start playing. I got out of bed and walked down the small hallway. I leaned against the wall and Chris saw me and started singing.

🎵It's not that I can't live without you
It's just that I don't even want to try
Every night I dream about you
Ever since the day we said goodbye
If I wasn't such a fool
Right now I'd be holding you
There's nothing that I wouldn't do
Baby, if I only knew
The words to say, the road to take
To find a way back to your heart
What can I do to get to you?
And find a way back to your heart
I don't know how it got so crazy
But I'll do anything to set things right
Cause your love is so amazing
Baby, you're the best thing in my life
Let me prove my love is real
And made you feel the way I feel
I promise I would give the world
If only you would tell me, girl
The words to say, the road to take
To find a way back to your heart
What can I do to get to you?
And find a way back to your heart
Give me one more chance
To give my love to you
Cause no one on this earth loves you like I do
Tell me the words to say, the road to take
To find a way back to your heart
What can I do to get to you?
And find a way back to your heart
I turn back time to make you mine
And find a way back to your heart
I beg and plead, fall to my knees
To find a way back to your heart
The words to say, the road to take
To find a way back to your heart
What can I do to get to you?
And find a way back to your heart
Back to your heart🎵

While Chris sang I moved closer to the piano until I was leaning on it as he played. Once he was done I just looked at him and smiled.

"How did you know that was my favorite Backstreet Boys song?" I asked and he smiled.

"I didn't, I just knew it was the song I needed to play for you to make you see, I will do whatever it takes to make this right and make you believe I want to be here with you, only you in my life, by my side and not just to make it all better. I want you here because I want to be with you." Chris said and I smiled at him. I sat beside him on the bench and I put my head on his shoulder.

"It's going to take some time Chris, I don't know how to accept the other girl even though nothing happened. Although I don't want to harp on it either. We knew time apart would be hard, lets just make this work." I said and Chris nodded. He turned his head and kissed the top of my head.

"I will prove it to you a million times over that you are what I need Jay." Chris said and I smile.

"You better Evans." I said and he smiled. "We should get to bed." I said and Chris nodded. He got up as did I. He took my hand and I looked at him.

"You are not sleeping in there." Chris said and I giggled as he gently pulled me into the master bedroom.