"Who said I was happy? This witch woke me up at six in the morning! Six!" Mark interjected, furiously sloshing the mop in its bucket, causing water to splash everywhere.

"Oh stop acting like a cry-baby. The world is not going to end because Mark woke up a few hours early." Christina retorted, retracting one of the mistletoe from the ceiling and tossing it right at his head.

"Ow! You effing motherf-"

"Alright! That's enough, you two! From now on, I forbid you to utter another word." I declared and began to arrange the chairs in an orderly fashion.

"But-"

"Nuh-uh! What did I just say?" Chrissie went back to ripping things out of the wall and ceiling and Mark went back to showing his frustrations on the poor mop.

We quietly worked, taking all the rubbish out and rearranging the chairs back to how it is supposed to be. It took us a while but we did it. Halfway through, the rest of the committee joined us and we got everything done five minutes before the bell for registration. I personally thanked and congratulated each and every one of the Prefects because without them, I would not have to been to able achieve half of what we had done together. I was glad that I had picked this .twelve out of the forty Prefects.

We separated after the bell went; Chrissie and I heading to our tutor group in the English department.

She didn't say anything as we walked and that was a rare occurrence. So, I asked her what was wrong and she took out her phone, typing something.

My phone vibrated in my trousers pocket and I took it out to see a message from her.

Chris <3 Someone forbade me from talking -_-

I could feel her glare and I looked up to see her smirking. Only she can accomplish smirking and glaring at the same time.

"You took that seriously? You know I only said that so you and Mark will stop arguing."

She just linked her arm with mine and started to drag me towards the classroom...

"Okay, I'm sorry! I give you permission to speak again."

"I'll forgive you if you skip Chem to go out with me and the girls." She said, deviously. She knew that my studies came before everything. What she didn't know was that Chemistry was my least favourite and I would do anything if it meant that I did not have to face my grumpy, old teacher, Mr Crowfield. Yes, I know. Trust me, I spend a lot of my time in Chemistry trying not to laugh in his face.

"You got it, Chrissie." I said in an extra sweet voice to a baffled Christina and walked into my tutorial.

*

"You are going to bunk?" Holly breathed out when I told the girls during Break. Her pure disbelief was proof that I must be the most boring person in the world.

"Yes, Hols." I sighed as I took a sip of my chilled Green tea.

"Bu-but you'll get in trouble! Your parents!"

My eyes enlarged as it sunk in that if I skipped, the school would call my parents and then I would never hear the end of this. I could just see it:

"Aaand give it up for our Nobel Prize winner, Raleigh Darshini Kaye for her incredible contributions to the medical industry!" the announcer bellowed out. Applause rang through the auditorium and The Script's 'Hall of Fame' bounded from the loudspeakers.

But the music screeched to a stop and a limelight shone down brightly on my parents as they glared at me disappointingly.

"Wait! Did you know she skipped classes in high school?! She is a disgrace!"