2.Over the Edge💫

'Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while -The Princess Bride

'She did it.'

His mate was certifiably crazy, but then again so was he, as he dived in after her. What the hell was the Moon Goddess thinking by pairing them together? He just knew she was going to be the death of him if he didn't kill her first.

The water was dark, murky, and cold as the rain had just finished falling. Lucky for them, however, West had been swimming in the river since he was a boy, so he knew how to navigate the waters and how to avoid the whirlpools.

But Sutton, his mate, was not yet aware of they were located, and would certainly die if he was here in the waters, searching for her. Thank God that wolves had better eyesight than humans or he would never have found her.

He watched as the water twirl her around, and try to pull her under. But he would not have that.

If anything was going to kill his mate, it was going to be him. He was certainly not going to give her an easy out. They had to face the issue of them being mates head-on.

But then again, he hadn't quite decided on whether he wanted her dead or alive. But until he did, he needed her alive, if only because of its wolf.

'Yeah keep telling yourself that.'

Adrian chided. It was much easier to swim with the course of the water and that will take him straight to her which was what he did to get to her.

But once he reached her she gets flustering and floundering, trying to save herself from drowning, that she was going to end up pulling them both under the water. She had left him no choice. He had to go with the nuclear option.

"I apologize."

West said as Sutton looked at him wondering what he was apologizing for. And that was when she felt a punch collide with the side of her head.
Stars littered her vision.

This man was so paradoxical.

Why would he risk his life to save her, only to kill her here in the water? The waters would do the job. And with that, she fainted and said what she thought were her last words

"Please don't let me die a virgin."

Sutton mumbled as West thought he would have laughed, had their situation not been so dire. With a bit of skill and a lot of luck, he was able to drag both their asses to the river bank. Just then, his Beta Flynn emerged at the river bank.

"If you wanted to swim you could have just said so."

Beta Flynn teased as West pulled himself and the female to safety. Curious, Flynn walked up and looked at the drenched female who looked not like a wet kitty.

"Look at what the cat dragged in. Is she a new toy?"

Flynn asked as West felt his anger spike. The only thing he could think about at that moment was killing his best friend in the most gruesome of ways.

He couldn't understand the possessiveness that crept into him the moment Flynn said those words.

"If you even inhale her scent, I will gut you from navel to chin."

West warned as Flynn realized who the drowned kitty was. She was not just some random bitch his alpha had found to tickle his fancy. No, he was staring at someone much more important than that.

Beta Flynn recognized her almost immediately. She was the daughter of Alpha Crimson, the very man that raped and murdered West's mother. So the only explanation was...and with that, it was as if a lightbulb went off in Flynn's mind